Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Cherwell Service Management and JSS Integration

Our managers are evaluating ticketing / call / service management tools and they mentioned to me that Cherwell Service Management can integrate with the Casper Suite, After looking it up, it is a manually created database connector that will import i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

User notifications from script

Dear JAMF friends, I wrote a script which users can run via the selfservice/policy. This script takes a long time to finish because i need to fetch several GBs from a server. Since there is some waiting time involved i'd like to give my users a popup...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Request / Suggest an App from within Self Service

Just wandered if there is an option to allow users to suggest / request an app from within Self Service? If not, I'll post this to the Feature Request because our users do not have access to the App Store, so for them to be able to suggest an app via...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AUTOpkgr Some Help

I've been experimenting with AUTOPKGR and running into some issues here...Any idea why? heres the error. some info share is SMB. only special characters in password is (!) multiple folders on Share primary folder used called PKG thanks mount_smbfs: m...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

AccessLogValve

I want to add the userid to the AccessLogValve for Tomcat, so that when a machine checks in, supposedly it will supply the userid as well. anybody know how to enable that? Info  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC Named User vs Walkup machines

We want to use Named user packages, however we have walkup machines that could have 10 different users them in the same day, which would mean we need to use licensed packages, but then would allow the techs to just deploy those instead of the named u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recently Purchased Content Not Showing

Last week I setup our VPP details in CS (uploaded service token etc). Under the content tab I clicked the Update Purchased Content button and added the first of our apps. This was last week and still there is no content showing. I've tried again this...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switch network-environment for a limited time

Hello,I work in a university and professors want me to disable internet-access for the period of exams.So I defined 2 different network-environments, one for the main part of days and one for the period of exams. In the latter a non-existent proxy is...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secondary Mouse Click 10.4.4

Has anyone noticed that as of 10.10.4, it is no longer possible to run the defaults write command to enable Secondary Mouse Click?? I have a login script that runs the command: sudo -u $3 defaults write com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse Button2 -integer...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

.GlobalPreferences.plist not "sticky"

Hello everybody, This might be a little outside JAMF/JSS/MDX but I'm facing an issue where the default user profile is not applied 1:1 to a new user and hope that anybody can help. I'm on 10.10.4 and have a .GlobalPreferences.plist that specifies the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renaming computers using asset_tag data (API)

I just inherited a JSS one week after a 650 Macbook Air deploy. In this deploy, no machines have been bound or named, but asset tag info was recorded into the JSS (in the asset_tag field). Each of them has the name "Macbook Air" or "User's Macbook Ai...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Templates and Dock.app default.plist

To celebrate the 4th of July I offer you this...Freedom from the tyranny of old code and poor plist parsing in regards to Dock Items :] Issue(s): 1) Adding icons via the JSS "Dock Icon" method, User Templates are not affected unless a com.apple.dock....  View more

d9202e15714b4c979bdce9a87d677651
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass login in OS X

Hey everyone, I'm trying to mass login into 30 machines via Casper or ARD. The machines are sitting at the login window waiting for a username and password. I'm currently trying this, but it never logs in. Can someone help me with this? osascript -e ...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for patching apps

Hi I'm new to Casper and am wondering what the best way of organising patching apps on a Mac is. I'm coming from using Munki, where once a package has been added to the repo, Munki will install it where it is missing. I could go back to using Munki, ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

unmanage iOS device

If an iPad is turned off when the "unmanage device" command is sent and the device is marked as "unmanaged" will the JSS continue to try to contact the device for 1 day, 30 days or longer to remove all the profiles that came via the Prestage Enrollme...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer issue

Hi all, I'm trying to build a pkg with a virtualbox VM for my users. Everything seems to go well when i build it following the usual steps; Composer -> new -> 'Monitor File System Changes' -> Dropping 'Virtual Box VMs' dir in my home folder -> build....  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad reset network settings

Hello,Is there any possibility to reset just network setting with the JSS ?Just to forget, via JSS, the Wifi configured. I don't find how to do this. Thanks for responses.Arnaud.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox v39 Issues connecting to JSS

Hi All, I just updated to Firefox 39 and found that i could no longer connect to the JSS admin console. Firefox would throw the following error when trying to connect. Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to :8443. SSL recei...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem running QuickAdd.pkg from enroll

Greetings, I'm having a problem where on just one computer I'm unable to install QuickAdd.pkg to enroll a Mac. This Macbook Pro 2015 is running 10.10.4 and when I go to our enroll screen it downloads the pkg, I run it and at the end of the process it...  View more

9369aa6afe664f4db55becf9253e2761
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Energy Saver - Hard Disk Sleep

I would like to apply a policy to all my machines in order to deselect " Put Hard Disks to sleep when Possible" for some reason the policy failed in the middle of deployment: Executing Policy HD No Sleep...Running script HD No Sleep...Script exit cod...  View more

1db1bb950e03460ea2c77d31ee7112ba
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Save the Mule! He needs your help!

Ok, if the subject doesn't say enough, here is a little back ground. I've created a gofundme account for MacMule in hopes he will be able to attend this years JNUC. He was informed he would not be able to go to this years JNUC due to corporate issue(...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors