Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Removal of Local Admin Rights

Scenario:When Mac laptops are imaged and joined to the domain in our corporate environment the desktop support teams have the option of giving the domain user local admin rights on their Mac device. Unfortunately, more often than not, they do so. The...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

Best Practice for pushing updates?

We've been using Casper to track people's versions of programs like Java, Flash, Office, etc, but we haven't been actively pushing new versions to their machines. I'm starting to change that, but I've noticed one major problem: pushing the update whi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to set region and language

Hey JAMFnation!,We are a global shop and I am trying to figure out the best way to set the region and language settings. Currently our imaging workflow is as follows:1. Unbox and boot to USB stick using autocasperNBI2. Run workflow that drop several ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Usage Report Self Service Policy

To aid end-users in determining where all their hard drive space has gone, we have a Self Service policy which leverages du and outputs text files of the top 75 directories of the root volume and the user's home folder. The utilitarian results are so...  View more

6130ca4017b94f0e85d78a47502df686
  • 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass-add new Network Segment to all policies

Hey nation! We have around ~150 policies in our environment, all limited to Network Segments. The company just recently opened up a new office and therefore we created a new network segment for that office. Now, we'd like to add this new network segm...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

quickadd package enroll error

I want to re-enrol a MacBook Pro again but I'm running into an error when installing the Quick Add package. To provide some background, his MacBook Pro was recently repaired and they replaced its logic board. After that the machine stopped reporting ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Expiring Adobe Creative Cloud Licenses.

In case anyone else is searching for this information, I wanted to post this here, since our entire Creative Cloud deployment went down today. I know this isn't directly Casper related, but since many of us are familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud lice...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Items for Network Shares

Hi all. I'm trying to set a Dock item that will allow users to connect to file shares. The server is an OS X Mavericks OD Master. However the accounts on the boxes are local, but the account names and passwords match what's in OD. The mountNetworkSha...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper imaging vs Deploy Studio

Hi All, Just wondering what everyone is currently using, Deploy Studio or Casper tools to image their Macs. Just about to make a decision on Casper suite and one of the things we are currently using is Deploy Studio. Am I going to lose functionality ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSP Antivirus for Mac

Hey folks, We're an MSP who recently started using Casper at our clients. We're also in the process of evaluating Antivirus solutions for our clients. What we need is an MSP focused, cloud hosted solution that works well with Mac. We've evaluated Sop...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi 802.1x reconnect issue after waking from sleep

We recently acquired one of the new MacBook's in our environment, and due to the USB-C port opted to manually configure it rather than image, as our imaging method only works via ethernet at the moment. For some reason the laptop would not reconnect ...  View more

• 50 replies
  • 0 kudos

Austin Meet & Greet - June 4th

Hi everyone! We have a meet & greet scheduled on Thursday at Punch Bowl Social. It should be fun! Since it's a meet & greet I don't think there will be a formal agenda, but I was curious to see if folks were looking to discuss anything in particular ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group - July 2015 Meeting

Hey all, With the Road Show coming to town right around the time we would usually hold a meeting, I've decided to push the NYCJUG meeting back til early July. We are waiting on confirmation that the date we submitted for is free and I will be announc...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with script that configure 802.1x wifi

Hi, I'm looking to build a Self Service wifi fix. There have been times where keychains get corrupted and it requires generating new certificates. The current fix has been to use the .mobileconfig and install the profile using /usr/bin/profiles comma...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos SSO with MS Sharepoint

I'm trying to figure out a way to pass Kerberos ticket via browser trying to login to our company Sharepoint. For whatever the reason, the developer who came in designed the sharepoint this way.-The main page is setup under our company domain sharepo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a 10.10.3 minimal image

I have already successfully created a netboot image using AutoDMG and CasperNBI(? spelling). Can I use that same AutoDMG image for my minimal image in Casper Suite? I see so many posts on this that I am getting so confused. I created the AutoDMG for ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS not able to get policys due to encoding

Hi!We're trying to set up a JDS in our environment but when it tries to pull policys the log shows this error: 2015-06-02 14:15:01,652 ERROR 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'u030a' in position 2: ordinal not in range(128) Traceback (most recent...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User not being excluded from policy

Hi, We have a policy that runs on Login or Check-In. I have excluded a local user 'macadmin' from running this policy as I only want it to run for our AD users. However, I am seeing the policy run fairly regularly when this excluded user is logged in...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where are log files for .mobileconfig failures?

I have a casper policy that generates new Wifi certificates during first boot. Newly enrolled machines are still successfully receiving wifi certificates, but about 2 weeks, I have not been able to use the same .mobileconfig file on machines to gener...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors