Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Update Inventory policy not running

I have a policy to update inventory on all machines set to run once every day, however for some reason, out of 600 machines it has not run on roughly a third of them in over two weeks, I only realised this when my smart groups seemed to be falling ou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do you bind to AD/LDAP/OD? Why not?

In the ol' Windows day, everything was bound to AD. Everyone did it from 5 person companies to 5k. It was just the way of the world. But now is the time of the Mac and The Cloud. If a majority (or maybe all) of your software is SaaS, the device becom...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dealing with com.apple.sidebarlists.plist

Unfortunately nothing in there can be managed via config profiles. What are the chances if I put a bug report enhancement that Apple will make it so? LOL So I'm trying to manage it in User Templates......I know I know...I suppose I could create a lau...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert ingOffice 2011 Install to Office 365

We are in the midst of moving to 0365, and I understand how to make outlook function properly by ensuring the url is correct. My question is, how do I get the setup screen to come up to authenticate to 0365 when we've already had a volume license ins...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS - can't login anymore!!!???

Real quick... yesterday I setup a NetSUS server just to use the SUS appliance. I was able to log into with the default webadmin / webadmin credentials. I didn't change them. But now today I can't login. Even after rebooting. Anyone got any thoughts?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Windows Computers

What's everyone using to collect inventory of their Windows clients? SCCM is awful, and we wouldn't mind using something with an agent. Has anyone used OCS Inventory NG?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Requested: Person who likes taking photos

Hey all, Thanks for considering this event! I wanted to add that the event coordinator was interested in having a volunteer take photos throughout the course of the event. If this is something that is up your alley, reply to this discussion stating s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get the reboot and login duration

Hi all, I need to get the restart and login duration of each Mac.I've made a script that looks in the system.log file after reboot.Is there a better way to get these two values?Any advice is welcomeBest regards,joe #!/bin/sh time1=$(grep "BOOT_TIME" ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV and JSS

Hi Guys, We are looking at administering Apple TV's with JSS, I just wanted to see what people had to say their experience with it is? I can see the config profiles and setting up the device etc looks pretty straight forward as well as setting passwo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Right click on Apple Mouse

Hi I was wondering if there was a reliable way to turn on right click for Apple mice? I've tried packaging up com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist and creating a configuration profile from it, but neither work. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Th...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it possible to package printers using Composer?

I have purchased Composer, but we do not own the Casper Suite. We're using OS X Server / Deploy Studio for all deployments at the moment. In previous environments where we've had Casper, I would just use Casper Admin to create printer policies. Howev...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

"could not connect to the HTTP server server"

I'm getting this error when user's use self service. It doesn't affect particular users or particular packages. I've tried restarting the apache service.They can access the URL by going to a browser and entering the path to the file location.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Specific Login Items for Specific Users

Hello All! I've been banging my head against the keyboard on this one. I need to remove a specific Login Item from a user's Login Items IF they have it. I then need to add an updated version of that application into that user's Login Items (yes, logi...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target Disk Imaging via SSD Workflow

Greetings All, As we embark on our 1:1 laptop program this summer, rather than use my network to deploy images (OS + Applications), I'd like to use a dozen or SSD drives. I completely understand the process of deploying via the network, but getting h...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin cant mount share for replication

Hey guys, Ive been wrestling with this one for awhile. We just moved from 9.63 to 9.72, and ever since then have been unable to replicate to our other share via Casper Admin. It just cant mount the share. Its been working(for the most part) since we ...  View more

b6f47360a41b4d21bc2a99ab7d7ac980 7a9ff8b172c34d6c9cdfd68071a0b8ef
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies not running properly unless manually triggered

I have a bit of a head scratcher that I'm hoping people may be able to assist with. Attempting to set a default desktop background in my lab. Created a policy that deploys a package with desired image and a python script. It is set to run once on rec...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renewing certificates for 802.1x

Currently we have a Casper configuration policy that downloads the necessary certificates to get on our Wifi network at a user level. Our certificates are expiring soon and we're looking for a way to have them auto-renew. I've tried running a script ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

extension attribute for Thunderbolt Dock: Serial Number

Hey Guys, I am trying to get the serial number of our thunderbolt docks with ioreg or system_profiler to have an extension attribute for the docks in Casper. So far I got this $ system_profiler SPThunderboltDataType Thunderbolt: Thunderbolt Bus: Vend...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create mailing list from JSS all managed clients

Hi all some input if possible please We need a way to send out emails to all our Mac users, i'd like to use the method ofchoosing Action > Send Email from a smart group but this doesn't give me the option of including attachments (please correct me i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bonjour Gateway, who's using what?

Bonjour Gateway, who's using what? Working with our network team to resolve Apple Airplay issues with the AppleTV on multiple VLAN's. Just want to find out if anyone has added a Bonjour Gateway to their network and what devices were deployed. We have...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window Pass Expire Notice

As per Apple's 10.10 AD best practices whitepaper, trying to implement this:defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow PasswordExpirationDays -int 5 I tried a script, and various settings in Managed prefences with no luckWhat am I miss...  View more

5acc1f1578154b5685667713cae6cf29
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware Horizon Client 3.2 - packaging help

Any hints on how to package VMware Horizon Client version 3.2 so that 1) the server address is set for all users and 2) the USB redirect tool is installed so user's won't see the prompt to "Finish installing VMware Horizon Client". I believe the firs...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook pro Dock flashes

We are a new user of JAMF and are currently in a 1to1 refresh rollout. So far so good, but we are having a issue with the laptops in which the dock and screen "flash" and go away for 10 seconds or so. Has anyone else experienced this or have a possib...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite: Re-image or in-place upgrade?

Hello everyone, My management is asking some questions about deploying Yosemite, and any feedback or recommendations based on your experience would be very welcome. Would you recommend an in-place upgrade vs a wipe/re-image to install Yosemite (or an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors