Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

wifi w/ splash page

Hello, Does anyone have an environment with a guest network which has an agreement splash page? Reason I'm asking because in ours, once a user attempts to connect to it, it will take priority over the preferred network until they manually select it. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MobileConfig profile - not enough access

I'm working on building a script to put into Self-Service that will allow users to generate a new wifi certificate. I want it to pull from the mobileconfig that I created, but I'm running into an access issue since our configuration profile grays out...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting computers from management

We have a lot of computers we'd like to remove from management, some of which are out of contact -- others not. We'd like to cause as little disturbance for these machines wherever they are as possible. This is probably a rather dumb question: If com...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Downloads?

Hello everyone, I'm curious as to why my Adobe applications are failing on HTTP download, I'm currently testing the deployment of nine Adobe CC applications. It works fine when installed during imaging, individually in policies or using self service....  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock down iOS devices

is there a way to remotely lock down a iOS devices with a different passcode??or does apple not approve this in the mdm features??? this would be a great feature!!  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just got OS X licenses for JSS

Hi all, We have been using Casper for iOS management for years now. Just this month we bought a ton of licenses to begin managing Macs! I'm very excited because Apple's native solutions have become more and more...rudimentary. Just some background. W...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

SEP 12.1.5 "brute force" ssh warning

Hi all, Wondering if anyone has seen this issue pop up recently? Brute Force ssh attack triggered by Recon Found this thread this morning after one of our users reported seeing the same error, although the circumstances are a bit different. We also f...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues Copying Files in a Policy

Casper Team, I have a policy that needs to put files in the following locations. /Library/Fonts/System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library/Preferences//System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 7.5/...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon account issue

Hi All questions about using Recon. When choosing network scanner, the management account that we use in recon, is it gonna create the same account in the remote Mac as a local admin account? When choosing quick add package, the management account re...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP assignment is failing

I have a user that cannot receive Compressor via VPP. We are successfully using VPP with managed distribution for OS X and iOS. Recently we purchased a single copy of Compressor 4.2 for evaluation. I have created a VPP assignment, which contains just...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

register/deregister Geometer's Sketchpad

Our school uses McGraw-Hill's app Geometer's Sketchpad 5.06. The vendor requires that each installation be registered via their central server. Thus, before uninstallation, we must deregister with their central server. The registration/deregistration...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Casper Imaging Variables

I'm doing some scripting with the imaging process to help our techs get Macs in and out faster. A major factor in this is manipulation of the partition being imaged during this process. Does Casper set any environment variables during the imaging pro...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to match iPad Serial Numbers to Asset #s

HI,Does anyone have a working script to add asset numbers to iPad records using a csv file?We want to scan serial number and asset tag at 1 to 1 rollout, and then upload to put asset number into the iPad record.Thanks!Sandy  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory "Refresh" interval on JSS

Does anyone know what interval the JSS regularly checks in with an AD server to aggregate updated lists of users and groups? Or is the connection persistent/on-demand? In our environment our search base is set pretty wide, e.g. "DC=pretendco,DC=net",...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Local User Accounts by UID

I'm looking to remove six local user accounts from a group of MacBooks. The user names are all different, but they all have the user IDs 501 through 506. Is there a command or script that I can add to a policy to make this happen?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applications - Odd Chrome Entries

See attached image. Chrome is leaving a trail of odd entries for applications for me. Is anyone else experiencing this? This is under the computer >> Inventory >> Applications  View more

182a93eb1cd0422f831c8ea44167821d
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple JSS and Network Segments

Due to bureaucracy, my work environment has two completely different JSS installations set up. They don't really affect each other most of the time. Our JSS only has the network segments our department uses put in it. There are several other segments...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper deployment to worldwide office locations

A new Mac Admin here. We are looking at imaging Macs and provisioning apps via Casper. Right now we have a non-prod setup that uses a quick-add to push software packages via the enrollment page. That works great but we need an option to reimage when ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Corruption on Drive after Cashing Mavericks Upgrade

We seem to be seeing an issue when we cashed the Mavericks upgrade to some 10.8 computers. It looks like their catalog files have been corrupted causing them not to boot. This looks like it is only affected people who did not actually run the upgrade...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local accounts cannot log in

HI Guys, I have a weird issue here, I have machines where network accounts can log into the machine but a normal local account created by the admin user is unable to log in. it just shakes when trying to authenticate, I have tried a permission repair...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Next Steps after changing JSS URL

Hey folks, We recently switched from our default builtin self assigned SSL certificate to a properly signed certificate from an external CA. I created a policy which would update the JSS Url on all of our clients, as follows. defaults write /Library/...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updates

Hello All Just throwing this one out there (sorry if its been discussed before).Im currently throwing out application updates using the jss and logout policies however users are complaining about the time it takes to re-start the mac.Im quite intrest...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors