Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Using Recon.exe for windows side

Hi All, looking for some feedback on Recon.exe Are there folks using Recon.exe for the windows side to have a unified inventory?I had done this at a previous position and it worked well.What are the current limitations of recon on the windows side, o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MacMini unable to connect to JSS

We have a number of different Macs from 'old' Mac Pro's (Early 2008), through a range of MacBooks to iMacs etc. all of which we can neboot and image, I also have a USB external boot drive configured with Casper imaging which also works with our Macs....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

launchd StartInterval problem

OSX 10.9 and 10.10 Macs in a corporate environment. I've finally got a mechanism in place that is designed to check the uptime of the computer it is run on, and if the uptime is greater than 14 days, it then displays an applescript "nag screen" to as...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printing Questions

Hi all, We use Windows print servers queues with our Mac clients. Printers are installed with the LPD protocol. Printing works OK, but sometimes we run into driver compatibility issues. Is anyone using IPP for printers from Windows server to Mac clie...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible to delete computer before imaging

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to delete a system before imaging again with Casper. We have things that are dependent on running 'once per computer' and we have found that when we image a machine and then image it again (even with a differen...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 365 My Computer Archive question

How can you export the Outlook 365 My Computer Archive files? I have a user that is migrating to a new Mac and wants to transfer these files from Outlook 365 on his old Mac to Outlook 365 on the new, but I do not see a way to export the My Computer a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Special characters in XML values

I did a GET on departments on the JSS and one of the departments has an "&" in it which is converted to "&" (without the double quotes) in the XML file. I want to eventually use that same value when I do a PUT into the JSS. However I wanted to know w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Maple 18

Does anyone have any experience with packaging Maple 18? We're attempting to package the product in Composer using a standalone purchase code (primarily because we want our laptop users to be able to use it at home) using the advice here but getting ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airplay

Quick question about airplay and Casper Focus. We are trying to roll out a 1:1 next year in our 5th and 6th grades and we are going to be using Apple TVs in the classrooms. I have tested the Casper Focus app airplay portion for the "Teacher" iPad but...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate User removal from Casper

Hi All, While wondering about a way to automated the removal of departed users from casper I wrote a script that uses the REST API to accomplish that.It relies on the python-jss module and finds all users without a computers assigned to them and remo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Folder Documents Folder Redirection and Sync

Hello Community, Our primary engineer accepted a position with another company and I have taken his position. I am learning all things Casper and diving deeper into Mac Administration. We are currently working on a project to move our server infrastr...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating from Open Dirctory to Active Directory

Hello Community, I am new to Casper and this community. Our primary engineer accepted a position with another company and I have taken his position. I am learning all things Casper and diving deeper into Mac Administration. We are currently working o...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts stored in Casper Admin

I wrote a script and uploaded it onto casper admin. I want to make some changes to it, but I can't seem to find it on my local machine that I created it on. For packages in Casper Admin, I can reveal in finder. How do I find out the location of the s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulling Passwords from Keychain with Script

Hey all, I am working on an after hours project in which I am trying to pull a password from Keychain. The command I am using is: security find-generic-password -wl "com.squirrels.Reflector-2" While this command does give back the correct data when r...  View more

a0e1feff621843809283d4fe2c1da23a
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Yosemite will not bind to AD

Hello! We just created a new Yosemite image. I just replaced 10.10.2 with 10.10.3. The images here are all basically identical except for a few minor items. However, our Yosemite image refuses to bind to AD while our Mavericks image continues to work...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Install SonicWall User Template Data

I've been trying to get the new Sonicwall Mobile Client to automatically include our vpn settings. I've used composer to capture new files and modifications and built a a package, but yet when it is installed with both FUT and FEU selected, nothing h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centralized Netboot/SUS?

Hi everyone, I am working on a plan to implement Netboot/SUS servers across 5-10 sites in our environment, and a coworker asked me if the NetSUS could be a single application server with multiple distribution points (like the JSS/DPs). In this scenar...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors