Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Special characters in XML values

I did a GET on departments on the JSS and one of the departments has an "&" in it which is converted to "&" (without the double quotes) in the XML file. I want to eventually use that same value when I do a PUT into the JSS. However I wanted to know w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Maple 18

Does anyone have any experience with packaging Maple 18? We're attempting to package the product in Composer using a standalone purchase code (primarily because we want our laptop users to be able to use it at home) using the advice here but getting ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airplay

Quick question about airplay and Casper Focus. We are trying to roll out a 1:1 next year in our 5th and 6th grades and we are going to be using Apple TVs in the classrooms. I have tested the Casper Focus app airplay portion for the "Teacher" iPad but...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate User removal from Casper

Hi All, While wondering about a way to automated the removal of departed users from casper I wrote a script that uses the REST API to accomplish that.It relies on the python-jss module and finds all users without a computers assigned to them and remo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Folder Documents Folder Redirection and Sync

Hello Community, Our primary engineer accepted a position with another company and I have taken his position. I am learning all things Casper and diving deeper into Mac Administration. We are currently working on a project to move our server infrastr...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating from Open Dirctory to Active Directory

Hello Community, I am new to Casper and this community. Our primary engineer accepted a position with another company and I have taken his position. I am learning all things Casper and diving deeper into Mac Administration. We are currently working o...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts stored in Casper Admin

I wrote a script and uploaded it onto casper admin. I want to make some changes to it, but I can't seem to find it on my local machine that I created it on. For packages in Casper Admin, I can reveal in finder. How do I find out the location of the s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulling Passwords from Keychain with Script

Hey all, I am working on an after hours project in which I am trying to pull a password from Keychain. The command I am using is: security find-generic-password -wl "com.squirrels.Reflector-2" While this command does give back the correct data when r...  View more

a0e1feff621843809283d4fe2c1da23a
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Yosemite will not bind to AD

Hello! We just created a new Yosemite image. I just replaced 10.10.2 with 10.10.3. The images here are all basically identical except for a few minor items. However, our Yosemite image refuses to bind to AD while our Mavericks image continues to work...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Install SonicWall User Template Data

I've been trying to get the new Sonicwall Mobile Client to automatically include our vpn settings. I've used composer to capture new files and modifications and built a a package, but yet when it is installed with both FUT and FEU selected, nothing h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centralized Netboot/SUS?

Hi everyone, I am working on a plan to implement Netboot/SUS servers across 5-10 sites in our environment, and a coworker asked me if the NetSUS could be a single application server with multiple distribution points (like the JSS/DPs). In this scenar...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Organization wide scan for rootkit(s)

A security concern has come up in our facility that may require deep scans of systems to detect possibly installed rootkits. A specific case that had come up is the rootkit rubilyn that can hide processes at will, and even goes undetected by most det...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Login Window Rebranding

I was reading a thread about this today here:http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/custom-login-screen-wallpaper-os-x-yosemite/ I've been looking for the correct way to change the login window background to a corporate branded one. I was able to do so with som...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error managing computer and installing MDM Profile

Whenever I run 'sudo jamf manage --verbose' on a computer, I receive the following error: $ sudo jamf manage --verbose Getting management framework from the JSS... Enforcing management framework... verbose: Timeout: 60 Checking availability of https:...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does "enrollment" trigger work for imaging?

I have a, hopefully, simple question. It's something I just thought of and wanted to see if any one know... If I have a policy set to trigger upon enrollment, how does that work for a machine that we image using Casper Imaging? Does it run during the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Security when Traveling to China

My company is increasing travel back and forth to China. I've read a lot about the PRC deploying spyware to machines. How are you mitigating this when the laptop returns to your office? I know we're not the only company dealing with this and any advi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Citrix and a Configuration file

I'm wondering if anyone is deploying Citrix via policy or using Casper Remote and how they handle the installation with a configuration file so that it has the storeurl and everything already setup when a user opens it for the first time. Is anyone d...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to update JSS Built in CA?

Hello everyone, Currently testing moving my JSS to a new box, with a new DNS and I would like to update the built in CA. Old JSS: jss.domain.extra.com:8443New JSS: casper.domain.com:8443 TomCat has been updated to reflect casper.domain.com I currentl...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Negatives of supervising iOS devices via DEP?

We're going to be moving to using DEP soon in my environment, previously iPads were not supervised due to having to use configurator, but now that there is the ability to do it via DEP, I was wanting to revisit the idea.Are there any major negatives ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Papercut Deployment in Enterprise/BYOD Environment

Hi All, We are midway through a Papercut implementation project and I am interested in seeing how others are deploying and managing in their environment.We are a Pre K -12 School with the following fleets: School-owned 1:4 classroom iPads BYO iPads f...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office for Mac 2011 SP1 - Unable to deploy

I'm trying to roll out Office for Mac 2011 SP1 aka 14.1, but keep getting the below error when I check the logs for the policy: installer: Package name is Office 2011 14.1.0 Updateinstaller: Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allow...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors