Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Casper NIC and Casper Imaging

I tried searching the discussions for an answer but couldn't find one so hopefully I'm not repeating anything. We currently only manage iOS devices with Casper. I don't have any mac information on the JSS at all. I created an OSX image with some pack...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

switching from OD to AD

We will be switching from OD to AD this summer. All devices/users were enrolled with OD last year. Some will receive new devices this summer and will re-enroll against AD. But not sure what we need to do with those keeping devices. Remove and re-enro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Change Network Location?

I'm trying to brainstorm a workflow to navigate around some crazy security protocols we have at my company and I'm exploring the idea of creating a script to change the Network Locations based on the SSID available. This seems strange, but basically ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another VPP question

So apparently certain apps were loaded onto our iPads when they were free for a day or two. This is causing some problems as I am planning on using Casper/Apple Configurator to manage our devices. These apps, which are now not free, are requesting a ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notes vs Info Fields in Casper Admin

This may be a simple question, but I couldn't find it in the admin guide, Google, or elsewhere in JAMFNation: What is the difference between the Notes and Info fields for items in Casper Admin (or the JSS)?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

RHEL 7 JSS

Hello, Has anyone had success with installing the JSS on RHEL7? If so would you be willing to share your systemd unit file?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Question. JSS or Apple Configurator

Hi Everyone. I'm a bit unclear on where to install the VPP codes if I am using the JSS + AC. Do I upload the token to the JSS then upload the VPP codes to each app needing them in the JSS or do I wait until I am using Apple Config and then enter the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacPatch

https://macpatch.github.io An open source management suite for large Mac OS X environments.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing out Office 14.4.9 updates using Casper

I'm looking to create a policy to update old version's of Casper to 14.4.9. I've downloaded the .dmg from Microsoft's site and set a policy to push the update to anyone that does not have 14.4.9. Logs say the installation fails, but it appears that i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS API - Delete command

Hey Nation! Im looking into writing a script that will delete computers from JSS as an employee gets term and the laptop is returned to inventory. The command I have so far and seems to work, but I wanted to get your guys opinions on this, is as foll...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

IronPort WSA authentications

Hey All, I'm having the struggle of my life trying to iron out IronPort (sorry for that). We're a 90% Windows shop here and we use IronPort WSA 8.0.6 to authenticate to the internet from behind our firewall. My issue is that the Mac computers are con...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Postinstall scripts and bash functions

I've been trying to repackage an installerI was trying to cut down on some code on a post install script by utilizing functions. When I try to run the installer command and target $3, it's not actually targeting /. Rather it is an empty value which m...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help packaging Pro Tools 11

Hey everyone. I seem to be having a lot of difficulty packaging Pro Tools version 11 fully configured and was wondering if anyone is packaging Pro Tools 11 (or 12) in their environment. What I mean by fully configured is:1. Pro Tools patched to the l...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does CreateUserPkg.app work with 10.10.3?

So I need to both create a new user and have that user autologin on first boot (web kiosks and digital signs). I have always used (pre-10.9.4) CreateUserPkg.app. However I can't seem to make it work post-netinstall to autologin even when run as a Fir...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper vs Apple's profile manager

Being new to Casper I would like users thoughts on Apple's profile manager vs using Configuration profiles in Casper. Does one or the other provide more capability or is easier to use etc...? Thanks for any insight.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts running before target drive is erased?

Hi Folks, I'm still new to Casper Suite after using Mike Bombich's netrestore for years and more recently, Deploy Studio. I've been testing image with Casper on a fairly basic image that consists of OS X 10.9.5 as created by AutoDMG with a few script...  View more

2b31bf76cda94184993a0310c26a336f
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is anyone else having issues with Java in Mac OS?

It seems that Java removes itself multiple times per day from client machines. I am pushing the latest version, but at various points throughout the day, suddenly, Safari will report a missing plugin until I reinstall Java. This is happening on my Ma...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac mini enough horsepower for institutional NetBoot?

Hi Nation. We're slowly phasing out a 2009 Xserve that has served us admirably as a primary NetBoot server. I don't think we're ready to explore using Linux for NetBoot. We have an upgraded Mac mini ready to go (16 GB, SSD, i7) with similar multithre...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 does not start after 'next login'

We have a script that enables a policy for FileVault2 'At next login' and triggers a reboot so the user has to login.No problems with OS X 10.10.x, System restarts per script you login and there is the panel for FileVault you have to log in otherwise...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot login to Casper using the LDAP anymore

Cannot login to Casper using the LDAP anymore - Last week on Tuesday we were able to login to Casper using our LDAP accounts and now it has stopped working but we are able to ping or telnet to port 636. Any ideas how this can be fixed or why this sto...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding Issues in DeployStudio 1.6.14??

Hi, has anyone else faced this issue? New 1.6.14 does all the job except binding Mac to AD. I am sure the password entered in workflow is correct still it gives error -Initially, I get error that credentials are invalid.it tries for 5 attempts, and t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors