C. Imaging and partition wiping

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Does C. Imaging wipe the partitions when you do the erase drives? In the past (9.63 and lower) we've had to run a script that wipes the partitions and then recreates as one, then we run C. Imaging and it does it's voodoo and redoes the recovery partitions and stuff. If we didn't follow the partition wipe first, then for some reason the builds wouldn't work (wouldn't boot, not all apps would install, type things. Even when double checking to make sure erase drives was selected).

With 9.7, i was hoping this would all be simplified that we don't have to run the partition wipe first.

2 REPLIES 2

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@jwojda other than with CoreStorage Volumes (fixed in 9.65), Casper Imaging has always done the partitioning for me, including erasing the "Macintosh HD" partition if found & bypassing the partitioning if that is the case. (That's how I set it up).

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

hmm. It's been broken for me for as long as I can remember, that's why I used it script/app to remove the partitions and create one fresh one. I'm giving it a whirl w/o it on the new NBI (care of your AutocasperNBI).