Can you enable SSO for the Jamf Admin app?

Jay_007
Contributor

We have SSO enabled (and working) in our environment, but the only thing that it does not work for is the Jamf Admin app. Is it possible to enable SSO for Jamf Admin? Or will it only accept Jamf account credentials?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jay_007
Contributor

Well it looks like we'll be saying goodbye to Jamf Admin soon :(

Jay_007_0-1681860200761.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If you enable LDAP for your JAMF instance, JAMF Admin will use your IDP credentials to log in. As far as SSO I don't think that is possible, or at least I have never seen anything for it. The best you can do that I am aware of is to save the credentials in your keychain.

May be a good thing to submit a feedback request for, I see no reason why JAMF could not enable this function. 

Jamf Nation Feature Requests

boberito
Valued Contributor

While a LOT still use Jamf Admin. It's basically a dead product. I don't see them updating it to use SSO anytime soon.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Agreed. Every time I have tried to replace JAMF Admin I always just wind up going back to it. JAMF Admin and JAMF Composer both seem very "abandoned". 

Thanks, I did wonder if that was the case. We use the Azure AD connector and not LDAP, so it looks like we're stuck with creating Jamf accounts for admins that need to use Jamf Admin. 

Yeah, I might do that to see how many people support the idea. 

Jay_007
Contributor

Here's the feature request if you wanted add a vote or a comment:

https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-27005 

Jay_007
Contributor

Well it looks like we'll be saying goodbye to Jamf Admin soon :(

Jay_007_0-1681860200761.png