Cannot login after Mojave update

jennifer_shipp
New Contributor II

A few people have updated to Mojave on their own. I've noticed if we have Jamf agent installed, they cannot log back in. It gets to like 90% on the progress bar and just tops. If we select "reinstall Mojave" from the recovery window, without wiping the drive, they can get back in. I've since removed Jamf Framework in safe mode and then rebooted and reinstalled it and that seems to work. Any idea what could be causing this? We do have filevault enabled.

7 REPLIES 7

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

What version of JAMF Pro are you on, and do you have any log in policies that run?

Eric84
New Contributor II

We have seen a similar log in issue and have discovered that it is related to FileVault and Password expiration. Any user that has 30 days or less left on their password is unable to log into a Mojave client if FileVault is enabled in our environment. Disabling Wi-Fi in safe mode will allow the user to log in. We allow 365 days on a password so once it is changed we are also able to log in. Not sure if this is the same issue you are experiencing but thought I would toss it out there as it has rattled our heads for the past couple weeks.

mbezzo
Contributor III

Yup, we're seeing what @Eric84 is seeing - please open a case with Apple if you're able. They're at least aware - no ETA for fix.

Thanks,
Matt

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@jennifer.shipp Check out discussion below! https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/29505/macos-mojave-10-14-0-18a391-upgrade-ad-mobile-accounts-got-stuck Apple is aware of the issue currently.

jennifer_shipp
New Contributor II

Awesome. Thank you guys!!! Having a few of them try resetting their passwords now!

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Is the 30 day password issue for AD accounts? any see the issue with local accounts?

Thanks

C

jennifer_shipp
New Contributor II

@gachowski Mine are all local, no AD accounts. We do have FileVault on though.