Cannot Seem to Enroll Apple TVs through DEP Using PreStage Enrollments

msnowdon
Contributor

I created a Pre-stage enrollment and assigned an Apple TV (latest model) to it. It has one Wi-Fi Configuration Profile. Thats it. Nothing too complex. I powered up the Apple TV while connected to a monitor and connected to AC & Ethernet. It just stays at the "Remote Control" screen waiting to select a language.

Not sure what Im missing.

Im running JSS version 9.98.1492810864

8 REPLIES 8

jrwilcox
Contributor

What version of AppleTV?

msnowdon
Contributor

Apple TV 4th generation. I believe its running tvOS 9.0

jrwilcox
Contributor

I think you need to update the OS and then it should work.

jrwilcox
Contributor

It requires 10.2 or higher to do DEP.

msnowdon
Contributor

@jrwilcox Okay thanks. I'll double check the version of the OS.

msnowdon
Contributor

Okay so they are running 10.2.1. They are set up in a Pre-stage enrollment, and connected to Ethernet. I recycled the power a few times and they are just not enrolling. They sit at the remote pairing screen. I got one to enroll by starting to manually configure it with the remote and it just started to enrolled itself. From what Ive read, you shouldn't even touch the remotes but I cant get them to do anything. I thought it was a quick process.

harrisrazawi
New Contributor

Hey, did you ever find a solve for this or did you initiate the process with the remote?

marktaylor
Contributor

The only way I got mine to initiate the process was to turn off the internal cache server!

I've not had time to investigate why this stopped the DEP enrollment on Apple TV's as all other devices enrol with DEP via Prestages perfectly most of the time...