com.google.Keystone.Agent.plist Managed Preference

jtebockh
New Contributor

I am trying to change settings in the managed preference com.google.Keystone.Agent.plist. I have it set up under managed preferences, but I think the software is looking for this preference file in ~/Library/LaunchAgents I changed that file manually and got the result I wanted on the client.

What is the best way to change the parameters in this file under ~/Library/LaunchAgents? Is there a way to do that with Managed Preferences or do I need a shell script to run?

Thanks, John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

All preferences that can be managed are stored as plists, but not all plists are preferences that can be managed.

A LaunchAgent plist is not a preference; it's a config file for launchd. It cannot be managed via MCX/Profiles/Managed Preferences.

You can manage it like you'd manage any other file on a machine. For example, you could create a package that installs the desired version of the file, or a script that manages the file for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

All preferences that can be managed are stored as plists, but not all plists are preferences that can be managed.

A LaunchAgent plist is not a preference; it's a config file for launchd. It cannot be managed via MCX/Profiles/Managed Preferences.

You can manage it like you'd manage any other file on a machine. For example, you could create a package that installs the desired version of the file, or a script that manages the file for you.

jtebockh
New Contributor

Thanks for the help. That clears things up. I figured I could do it with a script, but was not sure if that was the best way.