Creative Cloud

casareanderson
New Contributor III

i was wondering if anyone has a way to administrator creative cloud updates as we push the licence out by user , and are looking for a way to get all the create cloud applications updated via self service . in addition does anyone have any applications that i could use to update all machine applications from one point

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

foigus
New Contributor III

monosodium
Contributor

This is what I use to update all Adobe Apps via Self-Service:

#!/bin/bash
FILE="/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/CCP/utilities/RemoteUpdateManager/RemoteUpdateManager"
FILE2="/usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager"

if [ -f "$FILE" ];
then
    "$FILE" --channelIds=$4
else 
    if [ -f "$FILE2" ];
    then
       "$FILE2" --channelIds=$4
else
    echo "Adobe Remote Update Manager is not configured. Please download Adobe Remote Update Manager from Self-Service to continue."
    sudo jamf displayMessage -message "Adobe Remote Update Manager is not configured. Please download Adobe Remote Update Manager from Self-Service to continue."
    exit 3
    fi
fi

if [ $? -eq 2 ]
    then
        sudo jamf displayMessage -message "This individual updater was not successful. Please run the 'Update All Adobe CC Apps' self-service action to download any dependencies that might be needed."
fi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@casareanderson There was a great talk by @foigus at PSU yesterday, detailing the intricacies of Adobe Creative Cloud.

I'd suggest watching that as soon as it becomes available to view.

casareanderson
New Contributor III

cool i will check it out and try find it

perrycj
Contributor III

@casareanderson You can utilize Adobe RUM (Remote Update Manager). If you package your Adobe apps with Creative Cloud Packager, then Adobe RUM is built-in to your packages already.

Here is some information about RUM: Adobe RUM

Additionally, you can set up an Adobe Updater Server or AUSST. There should be information in that same article about AUSST. The main thing AUSST does is cache the updates on a server in your company/network and therefore the clients don't have go out to the internet to get them but you don't need it to use RUM.

Hopefully this helps. I didn't attend the PSU conference but I'm sure as @bentoms said, it is a very helpful talk and will also provide you with a lot of good information.

casareanderson
New Contributor III

ok thank you i will look out for his section ,

foigus
New Contributor III

@casareanderson, here's the video and here's the slides and presenter notes.

monosodium
Contributor

This is what I use to update all Adobe Apps via Self-Service:

#!/bin/bash
FILE="/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/CCP/utilities/RemoteUpdateManager/RemoteUpdateManager"
FILE2="/usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager"

if [ -f "$FILE" ];
then
    "$FILE" --channelIds=$4
else 
    if [ -f "$FILE2" ];
    then
       "$FILE2" --channelIds=$4
else
    echo "Adobe Remote Update Manager is not configured. Please download Adobe Remote Update Manager from Self-Service to continue."
    sudo jamf displayMessage -message "Adobe Remote Update Manager is not configured. Please download Adobe Remote Update Manager from Self-Service to continue."
    exit 3
    fi
fi

if [ $? -eq 2 ]
    then
        sudo jamf displayMessage -message "This individual updater was not successful. Please run the 'Update All Adobe CC Apps' self-service action to download any dependencies that might be needed."
fi

casareanderson
New Contributor III

@Forgetit and @monosodium thank you