Dallas/Ft. Worth-area JAMF User's Group

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

That's right guys and girls, coming soon to a location near you (if you live near DFW) is our very own user's group. Spurred on not just by the recent User's Groups in Iowa and Boston (okay, maybe it's a little bit spurred on by that), but also by the fact that we all love to get together and talk about our Casper installations. Besides, you never know when your networking efforts might be needed for a new job (right Don?).

So, we do not have any details yet as far as location or date and time, but we are working on it behind the scenes with our ever faithful area JAMFer Lance Ogletree. We hope to have some more info on that next week (fingers crossed).

We would like to know who would be interested in this, and what kinds of topics you'd like to see covered. We want the first meeting to simply be a casual meet-and-greet so we can get to know each other, and we can hash out an agenda for the next meeting later.

Don Montalvo and I have agreed to kind of spear head this group, and we'll hopefully not suck at it.

So, let us know if you're in the DFW area and you're interested in hanging out.

19 REPLIES 19

kenergy
Contributor

AWESOME! I am in!

SeanA
Contributor III

Don and Steve, Thanks a lot for spearheading!

I will be there!

ezemke
New Contributor III

I would be interested with enough lead time to drive down.

Eric

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hey Eric, the next meeting will be in July or August. I will try to get a new article posted on the Nation at least 3 weeks out, and JAMF tends to send an email blast to the Dallas area users at about the same time.

kwr33v35
New Contributor

Steve,
I just now noticed this was in my area. Is there anyway I can attend tonight? If so, how, where do I go?

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@kwr33v35 We actually cancelled the event for tonight. No one had signed up for it. :-(

We will be having an event in May sometime, most likely the 2nd or 3rd week of May. Just need to verify the date before I put it out there.

Tom Larkin (@tlarkin) is going to be in town next week, along with at least one other JAMF employee, and I know he was trying to drum up some people for a get together next Tuesday night. I'm sure you're more than welcome to join us.

Tom - when you have a venue in mind, post it here, please!

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

I was discussing this last night with David who lived in the area. We are going to be in the Plano/Dallas area. No idea on venue but you all know a good place feel free to suggest one. It will be nice to catch up with everyone and see how everyone is doing.

So, if you all have any suggestions, please let us know.

Thanks,
Tom

kwr33v35
New Contributor

Tom actually invited me Tuesday night, so I guess I'll see all of yaw'll there.
Ken

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

There's a few places in Addison, which is just north of where the training is next week. I'm assuming that's why you're coming out.

BJ's Brewery - 4901 Belt Line Rd, Dallas, TX 75254
Cantina Laredo - 4546 Belt Line Rd, Addison, TX 75244
Kenny's Wood Fired Grill - 5000 Belt Line Road Suite 775, Dallas, TX 75254
Gloria's Restaurant - 5100 Belt Line Rd #852, Addison, TX 75254
Sherlock's Baker St. Pub & Grill - 5100 Belt Line Rd #556, Dallas, TX 75254

Those are just a few suggestions right there on Belt Line in Addison. If there's one thing we do not lack in Dallas, it's good places to eat.

You guys pick what you'd like.

Matt
Valued Contributor

Anything that allows me to avoid LBJ would be great LoL!

I'm coming from Plano.

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Aw, come on now Matt, you're from LA, you've driven the 405, or the 5, or heck, any freeway out there. The 405 makes LBJ look like Revolution ride at Magic Mountain.

The places I suggested are all north of LBJ off the tollway at Belt Line in Addison.

Matt
Valued Contributor

Hahaha!!! I drove the 405 everyday!!!!

I just hate traffic more than anything in this world. I also drive a Corvette with a stick so traffic isn't enjoyable.

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Show up Tuesday and we can swap stories about the 405. I used to drive from the Northridge area down to Irvine once or twice a week. 5 different freeways to get around the traffic hot spots. :-)

Matt
Valued Contributor

I did Long Beach to Century City everyday for 4 years until I broke down and moved to the Miracle Mile.

david_kennedy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Looks like there will be a large number of JAMF employees in the DFW area today and we thought it would be a good opportunity to set up a meet and greet with people in the area that would be interested in meeting members of our Support, Sales, Education, and Services teams and mingle with new and long time users of The Casper Suite in the DFW area. If you are available, please feel free to drop by.

Currently we have reserved the patio area of the Cantina Loredo in Addison at 4546 Belt Line Rd, Addison, TX 75244 on Tuesday 4/29 from 5:30-8:30 so if you can make it please email david.kennedy@jamfsoftware.com so we can get an estimated head count to keep the good folks at Cantina Loredo apprised of what to expect. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the event.

Matt
Valued Contributor

Awww dang too bad such short notice! Thats a little south of me and doesn't require the LBJ :D

kwr33v35
New Contributor

I was not able to make it that night. Are you going to meet again in the near future and if so when, where. Also do you have a mailing list for the DFW User Group? I'd like to be able to know about events. -Ken

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

We are working on nailing down the date right now, but it will be in June, most likely the second week of June. We will be holding it at the Knox Street Apple Store here in Dallas.

As soon as I have the date and time locked down, I will post it here.

We do not have a mailing list, we just use JAMF Nation as our area to post. Each time I setup a date I start a new discussion on JAMF Nation and also post the group under the User Groups section of JAMF Nation (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroups.html).

I'm working with JAMF to see if they will send out an email blast to folks in the area to let them know of the meeting.

spotter
New Contributor III

same here... i wasn't able to attend due to prior work engagements

I will be attending JNUC again this year so hopefully can meet up with the texas group there for sure...