DEP Enrollment - hidden admin account getting created automatically

JefferyAnderson
Contributor

I have taken over the role of Jamf administrator in our organization. When setting up a new Mac that is in DEP, during initial boot we enter the AD userid and password of the user who is getting the machine. Shortly thereafter, we are prompted to enter a user account for the Mac. We generally enter our admin credentials here, but sometimes we get a message stating that this account name is invalid. The reason is because the hidden admin account is already created. I've looked in out Jamf Pro server and I can't find any policy that could be creating this hidden admin account. Is there something in DEP that could be creating it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JefferyAnderson
Contributor

I found out where this is coming from. Settings > Global Management > User-Initiated Enrollment

ce4d5569bacf48f9810810455c43ad88

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ricky
Contributor

Can you check under Computers > PreStage Enrollments > Select the DEP that the device is popping up in

c161f32ed6ef4d69a35833e0c4833c2d

If you change this setting, remember that you'll need to completely wipe and re-enroll the device for it to take the new settings. My guess is the devices that work and the devices that don't work are in different DEP groups. You can check and already enrolled device group by going into the device on JAMF and looking in the General tab.

JefferyAnderson
Contributor

75161611e3b744969ab82265572443c6
This is the group that the computer I just did this morning is in. There is nothing configured under Account Settings. It looks like all of our computers get put into this same group. We do have a few other groups under Prestage Enrollments, but there are no devices scoped to those groups, nor is anything configured for Account Settings in those other groups.

JefferyAnderson
Contributor

I found out where this is coming from. Settings > Global Management > User-Initiated Enrollment

ce4d5569bacf48f9810810455c43ad88