Distribution Point

carmelolopez
Contributor

I have a JSS server with a distribution point sitting in once city and want to have another synced to this one sitting in another city. But I want the users of each city to use only the server from each city.
is there an easy way to do this?

Also any policy to run the sync at certain time?
thanks

Carmelo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

If you are talking about just two DPs, I would just sync the second one with Casper Admin after I used it to upload files to the primary. If you want to automate a sync, you will need to look at other software (or native tools like rsync, running a script as a chron job or such).

I have over 30 DPs around the world and replication is definitely the most frustrating thing for me, mainly because Casper Admin crashes pretty often and doesn't handle high latency connections very well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jarednichols
Honored Contributor
But I want the users of each city to use only the server from each city.

Set up network segments and point the clients to the appropriate DP that way.

As far as sync is concerned, it depends on your server OS.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

If you are talking about just two DPs, I would just sync the second one with Casper Admin after I used it to upload files to the primary. If you want to automate a sync, you will need to look at other software (or native tools like rsync, running a script as a chron job or such).

I have over 30 DPs around the world and replication is definitely the most frustrating thing for me, mainly because Casper Admin crashes pretty often and doesn't handle high latency connections very well.