Druva

llitz123
Contributor III

Does anyone have any experiences with Druva (preferably vs Crashplan PROe) they could share?
We're in the market for a new backup system.
Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@llitz123 We just evaluated our CPPe system 6 months ago as our server was beyond aging and need to be replaced. At this time we looked at Druva, Carbonite and CloudBerry. I'm trying to find my notes for you but we looked at each closely and stayed with CrashPlan. I know for sure that following a conversation with an engineer and a sales rep that even after very aggressive pricing they were still in the range of Code42, which we all know is high of course. Druva was adamant that they would beat Code42 by a wide margin, this proved untrue as they could only match. Moving to a completely new system that was inferior to us tech wise and the same cost, was an easy choice to stay with Code42.

HTH

llitz123
Contributor III

Thanks @TomDay . Your info is very helpful

boberito
Valued Contributor

@TomDay we basically are the exact same situation. We have CPPe servers that pretty old at this point however doing their job fine with no hiccup. Code42 wants us to move to their cloud model which costs too much for us. Druva was really salivating at the idea of a Code42 user moving to them but in the end the price wasn't much different and still just way to expensive.

We did end up purchasing Backupify for Google Drive and may try to move users more towards using that. It's unfortunate, but the reality happening for us.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

We are big Code42 fans...

Last I checked Apple uses Code42 for their backups. : )

C

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

As does IBM, as per Fletcher Previn's JNUC presentation!