erratic imaging

Not applicable

All,

What's going on when my imaging logs say: "The file: nameOfSomeFile.dmg does not exist on server" ?

I'm imaging a computer lab nightly (from a Restore partition). Most of the machines image properly, but many don't, and the logs are filled with those lines.

Thoughts?

-Baker

Baker Franke
Computer Science Dept.
University of Chicago Laboratory Schools

4 REPLIES 4

Bukira
Contributor

check permissions on the dmg

Criss Myers
Senior Customer Support Analyst (Mac Services)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator v10.5
LIS Business Support Team
Library 301
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR1 2HE
Ex 5054
01772 895054

ernstcs
Contributor III

Or that, but doesn’t explain how some work and some don’t...

Not applicable

Hey, thanks. As far as I can tell, they're all set to the right distribution point (the JSS itself) and there's nothing funny with permissions.

I'm suspicious of the load issue. I've noticed that when I use Casper Remote to do things to the lab (26 machines) only about 20 machines go at once, and the other 6 wait until the first 20 are done. Not sure if this is a function/limitation of Casper Remote, OS X server, or the JSS software.

For the time being, I think I'll just split the lab in half for overnight imaging and see what happens.

-Baker

Baker Franke
Computer Science Dept.
University of Chicago Laboratory Schools

ernstcs
Contributor III

The 20 SSH connections for Remote is a limitation of Casper Remote, but I was under the impression this was increased to more systems at one point. Apparently not the case though since I still see that same limit.

Craig E