Exchange Payload with Golden Triangle

m_higgins
Contributor

Anyone have any experience setting up the exchange payload with a golden triangle implimentation?

10 REPLIES 10

RogerH
Contributor II

I may be wrong but I believe the golden triangle is no longer recommended.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Exchange payloads are a configuration profile feature. Golden Triangle (assuming you mean with AD/OD and Workgroup Manager) isn't supported in 10.10.

m_higgins
Contributor

Hi @davidacland

When you say not supported, what exactly isnt supported? We have been aiming towards this to allow our users to log into mac clients with their AD credentials and using Acronis Access Control to map their home folder.

Would you suggest a different approach?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@m.higgins Workgroup Manager and using MCX to manage Mac OS X settings isn't supported anymore. Connecting the Macs to AD and mounting the home folder is fine.

m_higgins
Contributor

Ok @davidacland

What about Profile Manager, I can only describe it as terribly slow!

Profiles nor pushing down for 15 minutes or more!

Any ideas?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Configuration profiles are definitely the way to go, it sounds like you might have a setup problem with profile manager as it doesn't normally take that long. It has lots of other problems but speed isn't usually one of them.

Alternatively you could look at one of the other MDMs like Meraki or Casper.

m_higgins
Contributor

We have casper, having the same issues though

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Ok, 15 min delays definitely aren't normal. Are all the necessary firewall ports open (2195, 2196, 5223)?

m_higgins
Contributor

Does that need to be inbound and outbound?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Just outbound. 2195 & 2196 from the JSS to Apple (17.0.0.0/8) and 5223 from the clients to Apple (same IP range).