Failed command for pushing apps

Noosavilless
New Contributor

I'm new to Jamf pro and have experienced issues with pushing out apps. Under the device in management history it shows failed commands and the error appears as 'Please log in to your iTunes Store account'. Any suggestions as to what this could be.

7 REPLIES 7

doschupp
New Contributor II

Hi,

This message indicates that an application cannot be installed automatically. This is usually because there are no more licenses available through VPP (Volume Purchase Program - 'bought' through School or Business Manager) or the apps haven't been purchased. Therefore, to download an application, an Apple-ID account is required to perform the "purchase". That's because any download (not necessary if free or paid) is a "purchase" for Apple and assigned to an Account.

Hope this will help you.

christian_terri
New Contributor

I don't think this is the only reason.

I've got the same problem, it's recurring, resolves temporarily and then comes back with a vengeance.

I tried

1. Checking the apps Settings > Global Management > Volume Purchasing > *Your Content* > Content Tab and all apps are in plentiful supply
  2. Refresh an individual app, just to see if it makes a difference (it doesn't)
  3. Deleting the app from Mobile Device Apps and adding it in again, taking care to add the app, save it, edit the app, then tick the Assign Content Purchased in Volume box, then save, and finally reassigning it. This allowed the apps to reinstall.
  4. I have rebuilt the PreStage Enrollments, Mobile Device Apps and Configuration Profiles.

None of this has worked. Usually, I get some temporary relief in that the apps install, but no permanent solutions have been provided.

I have a new case open with support and will update here if I get resolution - very interested to hear of any other solutions to this problem.

billyg
New Contributor

Did you ever get a fix for this issue?  I am having the same problem.

Chunn
New Contributor

I am also having the same issue. I thought it might be a Configuration Profile Issue but I can't see to see anything there that would be causing my issue either. 

wesleyisch
New Contributor

Has anyone found the fix to this issue?  I am having the same problem and have had for awhile. 

dlondon
Valued Contributor

I am having this today as well.  Here's the error in the Jamf Pro record for the device under Management > Failed Commands

Install App - Microsoft Outlook 4.2234.2Please log in to your iTunes Store account.19/09/2022 at 9:53 AM19/09/2022 at 9:53 AM   
Install App - Microsoft OneDrive 13.35.7Please log in to your iTunes Store account.19/09/2022 at 9:53 AM19/09/2022 at 9:53 AM   

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately it came good.  Not quite sure if it was a time thing as the user also installed the latest update to iOS and restarted it as part of the install..