Failed to Delete Core Storage information during prestage imaging

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I'm starting to see an issue when setting up prestage imaging with a set of new (2012 13"MBPros). Im currently using 9.72 of imaging on a 10.10.3 netboot imaging image. I did replace the rc.netboot file. It works properly when I erase the drive 1st, but not before. Now I'm wondering if its just looking at the wrong Macintosh HD (Netboot instead of mounted drive) so I renamed the netboot hard drive image to Macintosh HD 2.

When looking at the logs after reimaging, it also shows failures on mounting packages to install during the imaging process. We use an AFP based distribution point system.

It also then fails to load the jamfhelper when installing at reboot leaving the temp adobe user just opened. So much fun to redefine my imaging process each and every JSS update.
Update: The 1st run postinstall script isnt being run. If I call it manually it then runs and loads jamf helper too.

I'm trying my old netbootserver imaging image with 10.9.4 and Casper Imaging 9.66.
Update: 10.9.4 and imaging 9.66 seems to work as expected so the issue is either with 9.72 Imaging or 10.10.3 netboot image.

Any ideas?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
2 REPLIES 2

pblake
Contributor III

Sounds to me that they have some sort of unix partitioning on them like the fusion drive iMacs.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Since it works without issue on the 10.9.4 imaging image with 9.66 I doubt its the partition scheme.
But I'll take another look.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools