Final Cut Express (and other pro applications)

mbond
New Contributor II

What is the best way to create images for Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro Suite, and the other apple pro applications?

I created the package the normal way after Installing the software, getting the updates, running the application (and doing the registration).

Pushed it out to 2 machines. Each machine requires me to re-enter my serial number and then re-register.

I figured, since we don't have a volume license, that I will have to create a package for each machine with that machines serial number in it. So, I took the time to do that with my 2 test machines.

Re-imaged the machines, pushed out the final cut package, then pushed out the registration package that i just created. Still asks for the serial number and to be re-registerd.

So, i tried having it monitor the file system for changes, thinking that finding new and modified wasn't cutting it for some reason. Still no dice.

I do have the packages set to replace files in default and existing profiles. I've also changed the permission on the registration files in /Library/ so that all users have read/write access to them (discovered that is needed for final cut pro suite to function properly as a restricted user).

I need to find a way to push out the registration information via casper.

Thanks.

Michael Bond
Professional Technologist
WVU Libraries
Office.: 304-293-0340
Cell....: 304-282-0640
Email.: Michael.Bond at mail.wvu.edu

1 REPLY 1

Bukira
Contributor

Hmm dont know i can help much as i have a volume license, i think a volume license us your best move, i package mine with Composer, i also package the license file just in case i need to re-install it, i have had cases where that file goes missing with no idea why, so i do a self heal on that package, i then made a composer package with the updates

Criss

Criss Myers
Senior Customer Support Analyst (Mac Services)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator v10.5
LIS Business Support Team
Library 301
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR1 2HE
Ex 5054
01772 895054