Forum software broken for using @ tagging?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Was there an update to the forum software today that broke the capability to tag someone in a discussion by using @nickname? It sure looks like it from where I'm typing.

8 REPLIES 8

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Yup. Noticed this earlier this morning.

techjason
Contributor

@sdagley I noticed that sometimes it does not work. Hopefully, this can help.

1. You cannot just copy and paste. You do need to type the @ sign and then start typing the username. It should then bring up a list of users, where you can select the right one.
  2. You can also just type the following in the box with the proper username. This is the code that is automatically generated.
[~sdagley]

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@techjason Thanks for the reminder I could be less lazy and type the tag markup myself. :-) I have not found any case where typing @ and the username works however.

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

@techjason <-- i typed that, no copy/paste, there was no box or popup. It used to work, but i also just updated to Catalina so who know.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

@Dylan_YYC It doesn't work on Mojave either. I'm on Firefox 69.0.3

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Well that sucks! Im using chrome 77.0.3865.90 at the moment.

msonntag
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all, just wanted to chime in about this. Today the Jamf Nation team released a new build that improves functionality in many aspects of the community. We are aware of the issues with tagging other community members and are presently working on a fix.

msonntag
Contributor
Contributor

A hotfix has been released and it appears the issue has been resolved. Tag on! Sorry again for the issue and thanks for bearing with us.