Hidden extension attribute?

mickl089
Contributor III

Hey there,

is there a possibility to display an extension attribute either separately at another place or to hide the attribute and make it visible by mouse click? It is about the fact that we have a script in use that implements LAPS - so assigns a local admin password and stores it in an attribute for emergencies. But I don't want this to be visible directly, but that you have to click on it first to make it visible, at least similar to the recovery key. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

6 REPLIES 6

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mickl089 No, you can pick several different locations to display an EA, but not obfuscate it.

mickl089
Contributor III

@sdagleyThank you, where exactly do I have the option to display this everywhere? Currently, I only see the EAs in the device information at the bottom.

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 10.30.51 AM.png

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

The available locations to display EA results are shown in @jtrant 's post.

athomson
New Contributor III

One way to help that we found useful was to randomize the password but add a stardard suffix of characters that would always be the same for all randmized password. (i.e. myrandompasswordXyZ). Only write the randomized password (different for each machine) but leave out the common suffix XyZ. That way the password stored in the database would be incomplete and only those that know the secret suffix could make use of the information. Length and place can obvioulsy be changed. The above was just a simple example. 

Thanks, the idea is really great! Thanks also to the tip to display the EA somewhere else!