High Sierra linkfiledownload error 5

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

is anybody getting this error when trying to run the hightsierra app ?

i am getting it when i first use the accessutility.dmg, it then opens the App Store and from there i click 'open' and it starts the install process, eventually getting a popup saying linkfiledownload error 5

and am also getting the error when i run the downloaded beta.app. on a seperate computer.

can i use the saved downloaded high sierra beta.app. on any eligible computer? i don't have to run the accessutility.dmg first?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

i was running all this from a mid 2012 macbook pro with macOS Sierra installed when i kept receiving this com.apple.............linkfledownload error 5

then from a 2015 macbook pro i ran the accessutility.dmg, downloaded the beta.app, quit the installation and then ran the beta.app from the applications folder, it's installing with no problems over macOS Sierra 10.12

i read something about thie beta having problems with. 2012 macbook pro's. and it was being worked on. Did anybody else read this?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

i was running all this from a mid 2012 macbook pro with macOS Sierra installed when i kept receiving this com.apple.............linkfledownload error 5

then from a 2015 macbook pro i ran the accessutility.dmg, downloaded the beta.app, quit the installation and then ran the beta.app from the applications folder, it's installing with no problems over macOS Sierra 10.12

i read something about thie beta having problems with. 2012 macbook pro's. and it was being worked on. Did anybody else read this?