How to uninstall Fiery Driver

Philein
New Contributor III

Hi everyone

I'm trying to find a solution about silently uninstalling Fiery driver with Jamf. There are only old topics about that. 

Someone can suggest me about how to proceed? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

https://help.efi.com/fierydrivermac/6.2/en-us/GUID-7D4D1310-580A-4C2E-8E90-E36349BE04AE.html 

That link explains how to use the Fiery Software Uninstaller to uninstall Fiery drivers. At my last org we packaged that up and created a policy we could call using a Custom Trigger to download and install the Uninstaller when we needed it. We then used a script to install the Uninstaller and then run the commands. This is the bit of code we used:

/usr/local/bin/jamf policy -event fieryuninstaller
fsu='/tmp/Fiery Software Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/Fiery Software Uninstaller'

fiery_driver=$( "$fsu" -s $USER -getInstalledDrivers | grep "Canon iPR Svr M10 PS V2.0" )

if [[ $fiery_driver ]]; then
	"$fsu" -s $USER -d "$fiery_driver"
fi

In that example we were looking for the "Canon iPR Svr M10 PS V2.0" driver to be exact.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

https://help.efi.com/fierydrivermac/6.2/en-us/GUID-7D4D1310-580A-4C2E-8E90-E36349BE04AE.html 

That link explains how to use the Fiery Software Uninstaller to uninstall Fiery drivers. At my last org we packaged that up and created a policy we could call using a Custom Trigger to download and install the Uninstaller when we needed it. We then used a script to install the Uninstaller and then run the commands. This is the bit of code we used:

/usr/local/bin/jamf policy -event fieryuninstaller
fsu='/tmp/Fiery Software Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/Fiery Software Uninstaller'

fiery_driver=$( "$fsu" -s $USER -getInstalledDrivers | grep "Canon iPR Svr M10 PS V2.0" )

if [[ $fiery_driver ]]; then
	"$fsu" -s $USER -d "$fiery_driver"
fi

In that example we were looking for the "Canon iPR Svr M10 PS V2.0" driver to be exact.

Philein
New Contributor III

Thanks! This solved my problem

Thanks for your solution. Even I was looking for the same. Helped me a lot.