Installing Cisco Umbrella 4.10.05111 OrgInfo.json file

tlarue64
New Contributor II

I'm pushing out the Cisco Umbrella OrgInfo.json file.  It's currently working, but because I have the policy set to Reoccuring and ongoing, the json file copies to user endpoint every 15 minutes.  I'm not keen on chaning it to Once Per User or Once Per Computer, I'd rather keep it set to Ongoing. 

I've added the following to my installation script

# Check for and install Cisco OrgInfo.json if missing

if [ -e "/opt/cisco/anyconnect/umbrella/OrgInfo.json" ]
   then
     echo “OrgInfo.json exists’
  else
    sudo installer -allowUntrusted -verboseR -pkg /Library/Application\ Support/JAMF/Waiting\ Room/OrgInfo.pkg -target /
fi

Anyone have any better ideas?  Should I just build another policy just for the installation of this .json file?

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@tlarue64 You should create an EA that checks for the existence of the .json file. Something like this:

#!/bin/sh

result="False"
if [ -e "/opt/cisco/anyconnect/umbrella/OrgInfo.json" ]; then
	result="True"
fi

echo "<result>$result</result>"

Then use that EA as the criteria for a Smart Group that indicates the install has already occurred. That Smart Group can then be used as a Scope Exclusion for your deployment policy (be sure to run a recon at the end of the deployment policy so the EA can detect the install)

ysdevgan
Contributor

EA would work too but we need to wait for devices to submit hardware inventory. I would check if json file is present and OrgID matches with your tenant ID. If values are not as expected then I would go ahead make a change