Installomator failing Office Install on Intel Macs

Antbanks51
New Contributor III

So we have Installomator setup to install Office 365 to all devices.  This seems to work without a hitch on newly enrolled M1 and M2 devices, however always fails when installing on an older Mac.  After checking the logs I saw the error where it couldn't connect to https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=525133.  I decided to manually navigate to the site on the device to see what happens and when i do, I get prompted to allow download on "officecdnmac.microsoft.com" with the option for me to allow.  I choose Allow on the device, manually delete the pkg once it downloads, refresh Self Service and the script ends up working fine.  Does anyone know a way around this?  Is there a way i can automatically allow downloads?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

williamsad
New Contributor III

Your best option is to open a new issue on the Installomator GitHub or check that one doesn't already exist, if you have exhausted all other troubleshooting options on the endpoints. When looking at the label for microsoftoffice365, it doesn't appear that it is being handled any differently based on architecture and I'm fairly certain that it is a universal package.

To me, it does sound like this is a client-side issue with these Macs and not something wrong with Installomator. The prompt to "allow download" is a browser security feature that I typically see in Safari. This isn't something that needs to be clicked or acknowledged in the script.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

williamsad
New Contributor III

Your best option is to open a new issue on the Installomator GitHub or check that one doesn't already exist, if you have exhausted all other troubleshooting options on the endpoints. When looking at the label for microsoftoffice365, it doesn't appear that it is being handled any differently based on architecture and I'm fairly certain that it is a universal package.

To me, it does sound like this is a client-side issue with these Macs and not something wrong with Installomator. The prompt to "allow download" is a browser security feature that I typically see in Safari. This isn't something that needs to be clicked or acknowledged in the script.

Thank you for the information!

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

We have seen our install script fail more than usual for us over the past month or so... there are tons of possibilities why so not 100% sure that it's just Installomator. : )  Our script is the standard download from MS and install...looks like it's failing on the download part. It's not failing enough for us to troubleshoot yet. : )