Installomator = no usable signature

hepvd
Contributor

Hi, I know some of you are using Installomator to update third party software and since I need to clear some time I decided to give it a go on a small part of our Macs. They are more or less all the same under ventura.

Works great on most of our macs, but for some reason, it does not work on several of them, the logs is giving the same error :

firefoxesrpkg : ERROR : Error veryfying Firefox.pkg error : Firefox.pkg: rejected
source =no usable signature.

Any recommendations ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joshuasee
Contributor III

If its working for most clients, work on potential client side issues first. Check that the failing machines are updated and have the correct time set on their clocks. SSH into or start Terminal on an affected machine and manually run through the steps Installomator would with curl, codesign, etc, to see what errors you get.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

joshuasee
Contributor III

If its working for most clients, work on potential client side issues first. Check that the failing machines are updated and have the correct time set on their clocks. SSH into or start Terminal on an affected machine and manually run through the steps Installomator would with curl, codesign, etc, to see what errors you get.

Clever idea, I'll try that thanks !

Thanks again, finally managed to pinpoint the issue. The script was looking for a PKG while I was getting a DMG…