Intune Device Registration Failing

jlombardo
Contributor

I have been testing the Intune registration with Jamf and ran into a bit of an issue.

Trying to do the correct workflow for the end user (install company portal in one policy, Self Service to register)

However once I start the registration process:

Safari Opens

cert is downloaded (always allow)

brings you to a Jamf Self service splash screen about registering a device, where you can select "Register My Device"

At this point, Self Service opens and nothing happens.  I can click "Register my Device" over and over again, but it just keeps opening Self service and not completing registration.

Not sure what is wrong in this process.  Any insight would be helpful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jlombardo
Contributor

Did some digging and there was an unwanted change to the CA policy and the Intune Enrollment was not whitelisted.

An error would have been nice!  It just huge.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jlombardo
Contributor

I have the registration broken into 2 policies:

Policy 1:

Install Company Web Portal

Inventory Check In

Policy 2:

Available Self Service

MacOS Intune Integration checked on

I switched from Safari to Chrome and it appears to just be hanging on the "set up your device to get access" screen where you select Continue using Chrome

awginger
Contributor

When you run the policy with the Intune integration in it should open the Company Portal app (I would scope that policy to a smart group that check the Company Portal is installed), you sign in and that does a workplace join with Intune/AAD and puts a token/cert in Keychain, then you should see your browser open and you sign into the JamfAAD enterprise app, this will prompt you for access to Keychain (to access the WPJ token) and then complete.

Are you not seeing the Company Portal bit as your do not mention it in your post?

jlombardo
Contributor

Did some digging and there was an unwanted change to the CA policy and the Intune Enrollment was not whitelisted.

An error would have been nice!  It just huge.

Hello, Jlombardo, having same issue, driving me mad. Using the new Intune Compliance menu to perform. What do you mean by "change to the CA policy" "Intune Enrolment whitelisted" ? It is something generic related to Azure / JAMF or something you find specific on your internal on-prem CA ?