Intune + Jamf to Manage MS apps via MAM?

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

Does anyone use MS Intune & Jamf to manage Microsoft-specific settings on iOS or Mac?

My O365 license allows me to leverage Intune, and I see that Jamf Pro has Intune support. This got me thinking that perhaps I can use the Intune's MAM controls to manage Microsoft apps, while still enrolling in Jamf as primary MDM (not Intune)

My company has considered migrating from Apple Mail/Contact/Calendar on iOS to the Microsoft Outlook iOS app, but managing Outlook via MDM profiles doesn't appear to be as easy/powerful as the native Apple apps combined with Exchange/ActiveSync profiles. Wondering if MAM could help me out here.

5 REPLIES 5

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I don't think so, on the macOS side it's really just a set of checks that uses the Jamf Pro data to allow access to O365 data/apps. I don't think the the iOS isn't even released yet and from memory it's going to be the same as macOS... just checking the jamf data to allow access..

C

miregan
Contributor II

Intune supports MAM without enrollment so you would be able to be enrolled in JAMF and also have MAM policies being applied to the Office Apps for security. When deploying the app set it to be available "With or without enrollment". You need to make sure you create app protection policies for the apps you want to protect and also you need to ensure that you have an intune license assigned to the user from the azure admin portal.

I havent tested this but I dont see why it wouldnt work since you wouldnt have to enroll the device in intune. You can also still do a selective wipe of the apps themselves which would remove company data.

If you have any questions let me know. I have spent ALOT of time going over intune scenarios where I work and was the lead architect in getting the policies setup.

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for chiming-in.

Would MS Intune allow me to provision the Outlook iOS app with company-specific attributes, such as server URL, ports, two-factor auth, etc?

miregan
Contributor II

It can support the following fields:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/app-configuration-policies-managed-app

Our two-factor authentication is done via ADFS and not with intune.

markopolo
Contributor

Is Jamf iOS Intune integration available now? Has anyone set this up yet and could you possibly provide a primer/documentation? Don't see anything in the Jamf Admin docs yet. We want our Jamf to evaluate compliance on iOS devices, send that info over to Intune, then use that in combination with MAM policies in Intune to control access to Microsoft mobile apps.