Inventory vs Managment when viewing an iOS device's app's version

efbadmin
New Contributor

JAMF seems to think that my iPad has a different version of an app installed depending on where in JAMF I look for this information. 

The iPad itself reflects 13.9.1, but the Smart Device Group that filters on "App Short Version" doesn't capture this device because the "Short Version" under "Inventory > Apps" shows "13.4.1". If I check under "Management > Apps" it shows the correct version that is installed. 

How do I get the Smart Device Group to match against the field under "Management > Apps" and/or get Inventory and Management to match? 

Thank you

jamfmanagement.png

jamfinventory.png

  

3 REPLIES 3

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

The Management tab is reflecting what is scoped to the device(i.e. what  is being deployed)  and the inventory tab is reflecting what is actually on that device. In essence your iPad should match the Management tab, but factors such as network, device storage or model sometimes determine what version it gets or is left at until any of those factors is dealt with.

Have you determined what the latest version of this app is? The version in your app catalog may not be the most recent version.

We're not supposed to use a version that isn't "approved" by our testers, so when they approve a change we go to this page and update the version number. This matches what users see in Self Service and what's on the device. 

jamfmda.png

julienvs
New Contributor III

Hi @efbadmin , I may be running into similar challenges as yours (general EFBAdmin issues) would you be available for a brief exchange on Slack or zoom?

julien