iPad enrollment not successful

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

Afternoon,

I'm having some trouble enrolling ipads to the JSS, Im running JSS 9.96 however not sure i have enrolled since update to the JSS. We use apple configurator to Manual Enrollment with an Enrollment Profile. for some reason when i go to enroll the device it does not appear in the jss. however on hte ipad and configurator it would say that it has. Some times it will enroll but only with the device name showing the serial number as the name of the device, keep in mind that is not the actual name of the device. And there will be no other data about the ipad that just "enrolled". Not sure whats going on here.
It has been working previously. Has any one had the same issue??

Ipad2 latest ios for that version...

EDIT : Just tried and Ipad Air 2 latest iOS and it allowed me to prepare enroll and no errors or anthing does not show in the JSS at all and there is no self service app when i go through the setup.....

If you need more info let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

SOLVED!

The issue was there was a java update on the JSS server that cause tomcat to fail. It was discovered when the JSS was rebooted and the web service didn't start, we updated to JSS 9.97.1482356336 . And went to enroll again and it work perfectly.

Tomcat was expecting a version of java to was no longer on the server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

SOLVED!

The issue was there was a java update on the JSS server that cause tomcat to fail. It was discovered when the JSS was rebooted and the web service didn't start, we updated to JSS 9.97.1482356336 . And went to enroll again and it work perfectly.

Tomcat was expecting a version of java to was no longer on the server.