Is there a way to launch the Jamf app installer on a Mac?

nedron
New Contributor

We have an internal Jamf-backed "FooCo App Store" on our Macs. In our documentation, we refer to the FooCo App Store and would like to launch the app via a hyperlink.

I do see a registered protocol for "jamfconnect://". Can this be used to launch the store? If so, what are the parameters we can send via the jamfconnect protocol?

{
LSHandlerPreferredVersions = {
LSHandlerRoleAll = "-";
};
LSHandlerRoleAll = "com.jamf.connect";
LSHandlerURLScheme = jamfconnect;
},

If this isn't possible, where can I submit a suggestion for this feature?

3 REPLIES 3

talkingmoose

When you say "Jamf-backed FooCo App Store", do you mean Serf Service from Jamf Pro? If so, Jamf Connect Automatically detects Self Service.app and will open it if an end user chooses Get Software from the Jamf Connect menu.

If you've renamed the app as part of your branding, you'll need to edit your Jamf Connect menu bar app's profile to include the path to the SoftwarePath key and the path to your differently named Self Service app.

If you used the Jamf Connect Configuration app to create your profile or plist, you'll find this under the Connect tab > User Help area.

talkingmoose_0-1654272756288.png

nedron
New Contributor

Yep, I meant "Self Service". The response from @talkingmoose wasn't quite what I was after. Probably because my question wasn't very clear.

Basically, in our online (web) documentation, I'd like to make references to "Self Service" links, that when clicked would launch the Self Service app (without the need for an end-user to manually launch the app).

I'm hoping the app protocol "jamfconnect://" might have parameters that would allow this.

YanW
Contributor III