itunes 11.1 and Software Update Server

sean
Valued Contributor

We have a SUS running on 10.6.8 providing updates. Just tried deploying the 11.1.0 iTunes update and although the install appears to work, it actually breaks iTunes and it wont launch; system.log reports com.apple.launchd.peruser.254786553[559] ([0x0-0x34034].com.apple.iTunes[1391]): Exited with code: 1

I've deleted the update on the server and have a newly downloaded version, but same problem. If I manually download iTunes and install it manually, then that works fine.

Anyone having a similar issue or have seen anything like this who can provide some insight?

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sean
Valued Contributor

Seem to have figured out the problem. SUS hadn't removed the older updates, 11.0.2/3/4/5. With all of these updates in place, it was breaking the 11.1 install as the version on users computers was an older version of 11. I've removed the older versions from the SUS and running just the 11.1.0 only works fine.

Hope this is helpful in some way to someone else.

Sean

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sean
Valued Contributor

Seem to have figured out the problem. SUS hadn't removed the older updates, 11.0.2/3/4/5. With all of these updates in place, it was breaking the 11.1 install as the version on users computers was an older version of 11. I've removed the older versions from the SUS and running just the 11.1.0 only works fine.

Hope this is helpful in some way to someone else.

Sean