Jamf 10 Self-Service Branded Icon not "Sticking"

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

Hi All,

Our environment is seeing the new branded icon only when we have the self-service open. As soon as we close self-service the icon reverts back to the standard jamf icon.

I called support today and we were able to figure out why this is happening but we haven't quite figured out what's causing it not work properly.

Ultimately, we were able to fix the problem by changing the ownership of the self-service.app when the icon is failing to stick, the owner is for some reason set to our Jamf management account. When we change the owner to the user that's logged in, the icon sticks.

So my question is why would the owner of the self-service.app be set to our management account by default?

I'm going to start disabling all our policies and DEP prestage to try to narrow down what could be causing this, but if any of you have some ideas, i'm all ears .

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

Well it appears that our specific issue was related to the account payload for the management account in our DEP Prestage. Removed that payload and Viola!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

nvandam
Contributor II

I just tried moving the Self Service app to the Users Application folder and the branding stays that way too. I talked to someone from JAMF at JNUC and they said they were aware of the bug and it is something that they are actively looking to fix.

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

Well it appears that our specific issue was related to the account payload for the management account in our DEP Prestage. Removed that payload and Viola!

rmorse
New Contributor II

I'm having the same exact issue with Jamf Pro 10! What did you have to changeup with the account payload? Any help would be awesome!

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

@nvandam did you get a PI number for that?

hjcao
Contributor

I ran into this issue as well. I'm just running a script at each login to assign ownership to the logged in user and it works awesomely.

#!/bin/bash

### Checking for logged in user, assigning to the variable loggedInUser.
if [ "$3" != "" ] && [ "$loggedInUser" == "" ]; then
    loggedInUser=$3
else
    loggedInUser=`/bin/ls -l /dev/console | /usr/bin/awk '{ print $3 }'`
fi

### Making sure root isn't the logged in user...
if [ $loggedInUser = "root" ]; then
   /bin/echo "Reporting 'root' as logged in user, aborting..."
   exit 1
fi

### making sure local admin isn’t the logged in user
if [ $loggedInUser = “admin” ]; then
    /bin/echo “Local admin is logged in, aborting…”
    exit 1
else
    /bin/echo "$loggedInUser is logged in, setting $loggedInUser as owner of Self Service..."
    chown $loggedInUser "/Applications/Self Service.app"
    exit 0
fi