Jamf API, Alerts Upon New Enrollment

derek_ritchison
Contributor

Is there anyone more familiar than I with Jamf's API who knows if I could script an alert (Slack or e-mail) for anytime a new computer enrolls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

talkingmoose

The API can't do this. You want to look into using webhooks.

The purpose of webhooks is to send a signal when an event occurs, such as enrollment, to some intermediate server that you must provide. That means you'll need to find or create a solution that can receive the signal and then take action to do whatever you need to happen.

Alternatively, you can look at using Smart Computer Groups. They can send an email when group membership changes. You can create a group that looks for enrollment occurring within the past day and it will email you some information about the computer. This is very basic, but it may be all you need.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

talkingmoose

The API can't do this. You want to look into using webhooks.

The purpose of webhooks is to send a signal when an event occurs, such as enrollment, to some intermediate server that you must provide. That means you'll need to find or create a solution that can receive the signal and then take action to do whatever you need to happen.

Alternatively, you can look at using Smart Computer Groups. They can send an email when group membership changes. You can create a group that looks for enrollment occurring within the past day and it will email you some information about the computer. This is very basic, but it may be all you need.

derek_ritchison
Contributor

I think your second suggestion will check all the boxes! Thanks!