Jamf Classic API Not fetching Pre-Stage enrollment Computers

Shariq
New Contributor

Hi,

We're trying to get all computers in our jamf pro instance using the classic API, but it seems like the "/JSSResource/computers" endpoint does not return computers that are in pre-stage enrollment. Can someone please confirm if this is intended functionality, and if so, what is the solution.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I could be wrong here, but I dont think Jamf has that information if the device has not been enrolled yet.

If it is enrolled, you can use the serial from that API command to run a call against the computers endpoint for that specific device to get more info, but I dont think you would be able to get the other info from jamf pre-enrollment

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

Are you saying that computers that are enrolled in Jamf via prestage aren't showing if you use the API to navigate to that endpoint?

Or are you asking if its expected for computers assigned to a prestage, but not yet enrolled in jamf would not be seen - this example is expected as that endpoint should only return computers that are enrolled

Does that help? If not, can you clarify further?

@ljcacioppo wrote:

- this example is expected as that endpoint should only return computers that are enrolled

So is it possible to fetch computers that are assigned to a prestage but not yet enrolled? Is there a different endpoint for that? Thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure that information is available via the classic API. But you can go to your JamfURL/api and click on Jamf Pro API. The endpoint that you are likely looking for there is the computer-prestages endpoint

https://developer.jamf.com/jamf-pro/reference/get_v2-computer-prestages-id-scope

It seems like this endpoint only gives me the serial number of the prestage device. Is it possible for me to get complete information (storage, OS, memory etc) of that device like I do through the /computers endpoint. Does jamf even store this information for a prestage device that has not yet been enrolled?

I could be wrong here, but I dont think Jamf has that information if the device has not been enrolled yet.

If it is enrolled, you can use the serial from that API command to run a call against the computers endpoint for that specific device to get more info, but I dont think you would be able to get the other info from jamf pre-enrollment