JAMF Enroll Stuck @ Locating Mobile Device records....

G-Lo
New Contributor III

Hi JAMF Nation,

I've lost the ability to manage a 2011 Macbook Pro (OS 10.7.5) so I'm trying to run a sudo jamf enroll but the enrollment always gets stuck at Locating mobile device records.

sea-xxxxxxxx:~ xxxxxxxxx$ sudo jamf enroll
Downloading the JSS CA Certificate...
There were (1) previous JAMF device identities found on this computer. Removing...
This computer was successfully enrolled to the JSS with the following device certificate: "AD9DCCB5-DD5B-5AAB-8525-B7327FF15EA9"
Retrieving inventory preferences from https://sfo303ut06.na.corp.yrbrands.com:8443/...
Finding extension attributes...
Locating hard drive information...
Locating hardware information (Mac OS X 10.7.5)...
Executing Unix applications...
Locating accounts...
Locating applications...
2013-07-12 08:33:25.161 jamf[1214:a07] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
Locating package receipts...
Locating printers...
Locating software updates...
Locating fonts...
Locating mobile device records...

I'd like to find these mobile device records and move them before trying to enroll again. Any idea where these are located?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

G-Lo
New Contributor III

There were about 25 mobile applications in the directory in question and the logs showed that the analyzing was stuck in a loop. I was able to sudo jamf enroll after following these instructions from Joel P. @ JAMF:

The first thing that I would like to double check is if you are wanting these mobile device records. This option was the predecessor to the ability to enroll iOS devices directly to the JSS. Basically it scans iTunes for mobile devices when this option is checked. As a quick test lets disable the inventory collection of mobile device records. This can be done by going to JSS>>Settings>>Inventory Options>>Inventory Collection Preferences>>Mobile Devices>> Uncheck this option and then run recon on that machine and see if that works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

G-Lo
New Contributor III

It looks like I've answered my own question. I added the -verbose flag and I see that the location is:

/Users/username/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications

It's been 45 minutes and is still analyzing (wow!). I'll try moving this folder to finish the enrollment. Otherwise, it sounds like an overnight enrollment.

G-Lo
New Contributor III

There were about 25 mobile applications in the directory in question and the logs showed that the analyzing was stuck in a loop. I was able to sudo jamf enroll after following these instructions from Joel P. @ JAMF:

The first thing that I would like to double check is if you are wanting these mobile device records. This option was the predecessor to the ability to enroll iOS devices directly to the JSS. Basically it scans iTunes for mobile devices when this option is checked. As a quick test lets disable the inventory collection of mobile device records. This can be done by going to JSS>>Settings>>Inventory Options>>Inventory Collection Preferences>>Mobile Devices>> Uncheck this option and then run recon on that machine and see if that works.