Jamf InTune - "Unknown Error" in macOS Intune Integration Logs in machine record in Jamf Pro server

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Just starting down this InTune road. The machines get added into Azure and go into InTune. However when I look at any of the machines in Jamf Pro under History > macOS Intune Integration Logs, I see a line like this:

UserIDhere 01/28/2021 at 2:29 PM Unknown Error

If I click "Send Update" on that same page in the machine record to send an update of inventory attributes to Intune outside of the standard communication, that is successful

If I check in Settings > Global Management > Conditional Access - I see a tick and Last successful heartbeat communication at 13:06 on 1/28/2021 (so that's updating) - Run Test button > The connection to Intune was successfully established. - Send Update button > Inventory attributes were successfully sent from Jamf Pro to Intune.

Anybody have an idea on how to troubleshoot this "Unknown Error" or seen it before?

1 REPLY 1

KarstenAckmann
New Contributor II

Hi @dlondon !

To me, Jamf Support has stated this as a product issue:

Closed: 6/19/2020 at 3:05 AM CDT Issue Summary Have the details of Inventory Submission in the Intune integration logs Root Cause PI-008435 Solution Summary Linked to Product Issue for Notification purposes.