Jamf Pro Patch Definition for OneDrive

beatlemike
Release Candidate Programs Tester

The patch definition for OneDrive is no longer following the Production ring. Appreciate Jamf keeping me on stable Enterprise releases, but the built in updater on OneDrive always goes to the Production ring, so my users are constantly getting update notifications even though they are almost two more versions ahead.

Wouldn't it be better to add the production versions and let admins decide whether or not they want to hold users back on their own?

ef0141bec2ce4d78ba94feaca7738616

6eb37f352e5d415886bb8d4ebfdc320a

5 REPLIES 5

robinsonjo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @beatlemike !

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We typically use the "Rolling out - Production Ring." Which means that the latest version should be 19.192.0926.

Apparently our automation missed this. We'll investigate that ASAP! In the meantime, is the Rolling out - Production Ring sufficient?

Thanks!

Jonny

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

Thanks, @beatlemike!

beatlemike

For sure @robinsonjo , thank you! I don't think anyone wants the insider ring on their patch management haha the build can change before production,, that would get messy quick.

Thanks for the thanks @dan-snelson !

robinsonjo
Contributor
Contributor

@beatlemike , no problem! We can understand that. The change was made last week and the Software Title was updated soon after this post last week. Hope this helps!

Thanks!!

Jonny

beatlemike

@robinsonjo Yep saw it before I made it back here even, just been slow catching up. Thanks!