Jamf Protect vs Sophos

Jack_Turner
New Contributor II

Hey guys

I am currently looking into our renewal of Sophos Anti-Virus. We currently role this out for mac and windows but was wondering if any of you guys have used both Jamf protect over Sophos

4 REPLIES 4

conadys
New Contributor

Oh, that's interesting for me too. To be honest, but this is my first time hearing about Jamf Protect. We are currently using ESET Endpoint.

Cheers, Marco

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I have nothing but positive thing to say about Jamf protect. I stole this from someone on the mac admin slack channel. If your security team is using the same Security tool for Windows, macOS and your "other" OSes, then they are compromising security for convenance.

:)

C

G_Zirrak
New Contributor III

I would say do away from Sophos. They still haven't released "official" sophos endpoint compatibility with Big Sur. I get that there is a pandemic going around. But it takes this long/far out from the release of the OS, and still no support...? Not that organizations should be quick to jump into upgrades the day new OS's come out. Regardless, Sophos should've been ready for the Big Sur release and they aren't. What a shame!

Jacek_ADC
Contributor

just found the thread now. We are very happy customers with jamf PROTECT since the beginning of jamf PROTECT. We came from Symantec on MacBooks which was not so a good experience. I don't tested sophos, but it was in my evaluation with jamf PROTECT. Because jamf PROTECT works with macOS native Security engine, this was our reason to choose jamf PROTECT. The support from jamf for jamf PROTECT is also great and fast and we hopefully will never change to another av client.

I have really nothing bad to say. We have 160 MacBooks and our software engineers are really happy with the advantage from changing from symantec to jamf PROTECT. Never heard something bad about it.