Local accounts slow to login upon boot "Connecting to server..." message

jclark27
New Contributor III

Hey all!

Has anyone seen any issue where when a device is logging in after booting, it goes ultra-quick up until the halfway point and then stops for a good 20 seconds or so and then shows a message like this? It basically says "connecting to server My_JAMF_Cloud_Server_URL:8443" 

Trying to see what could be causing this. Local accounts, no AD binding. This on an M1 Macbook pro buy have seen it on a couple intels as well.

IMG_0306_LI.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

chrisgrande
New Contributor II

Interesting — I've never seen that. I've seen the dialog that pops up after a few seconds if the MDM is slow to respond but never anything built into the login screen like that. Is that 11.6/11.52?

jclark27
New Contributor III

It is a weird one right? Currently 11.5.2 ...although will be updating it soon.  I have seen it on a couple of other devices on Catalina I believe. I'd have to check. It is interesting though. Safe mode of course logs in instantly. I wonder if it has to do with login policies. (none are scoped to this device, however) But it's like it's trying to communicate something...Im not a log reading expert so maybe Ill need to open a ticket with JAMF.

glennmiller
New Contributor III

Can't say for sure, but we see this in our cloud environment also. I suspect it may be to do with login hooks, startup or login scripts, not so much policies.

jclark27
New Contributor III

Yeah, that would make sense. I might play around with disabling login hooks to check. That's probably what is doing it.