Long Login at Boot

justin_musk
New Contributor II

We are getting ready to start our Jamf pilot in our environment. One hold up we have is that logins after a restart or shutdown are taking upwards of 1 to 2 minutes. Even after logging in apps can be unresponsive for 30 seconds to 2 minutes. It's not the end of the world but in some cases I have had to wait 5 minutes before I could use my system after a restart.

This started after we incorporated McAfee into the environment. The short of it is, with no McAfee we boot into the OS and have responsive apps as expected. With McAfee and no FileVault it very similar. If we have McAfee installed and FileVault enabled, you get stuck at a black screen for 30-60 seconds after accepting our legal disclaimer. Sometimes you get the legal disclaimer twice and it causes a longer delay.

I have tried setting up various exclusion lists for McAfee at their request but the only one that got me to an acceptable login time was to exclude "/" which I just did to test.

I understand this is really a McAfee problem and I am working with their engineers for assistance but I was hoping someone here had maybe seen the same thing. We are running the latest McAfee version (10.6.8) and have tried three previous versions. All the Macs I am testing with are running 10.15.3 but the issue was there in 10.15.2 as well.

As a side note I do get a black screen after the legal disclaimer without McAfee, but it only lasts 10-15 seconds. If anyone has suggestions for that I would really appreciate it. Thanks if you read all the way through that.

0 REPLIES 0