macOS Big Sur and Pre-Stage Enrollment

emadams
New Contributor III

I have run into an issue with brand new Mac with Big Sur. They will not pick up the management profile from our Pre-Stage Enrollment so it will not prompt the user to acknowledge that the device is managed by our district and install the profile. I have checked our DEP and made sure the Macs are scoped in our Pre-Stage Enrollment like I have done a thousand times before but these new Macs will not pick up the profile.

5 REPLIES 5

Cayde-6
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Strange, I've been using Big Sir in prestages without a single fault.

3picGary
New Contributor II

Have you tried deleting the second partition and erasing the first from Recovery and then reinstalled BigSur?

easdonc
New Contributor II

What version of JAMF Pro are you using? I'm having the same problem on 10.23. Looking at release notes, Big Sur isn't fully supported until 10.25.

emadams
New Contributor III

@easdonc

What version of JAMF Pro are you using? I'm having the same problem on 10.23. Looking at release notes, Big Sur isn't fully supported until 10.25.

I am currently on 10.26

Jason33
Contributor III

This is a known issue, but I've not yet gotten a solid answer as to the cause from either Apple of Jamf. You'll need to erase the drive and re-install macOS from Recovery. Alternatively, if this is happening on MacBook Air's, we have been told by Jamf and Apple to connect power adapter to the machines and let them sit for 2 hours, not turned on, so that the battery gets charged.