Managing Config Profiles - Application & Custom Settings

JeffBugbee
New Contributor III

Say I have a config profile for com.apple.loginwindow that enforces the value DisableFDEAutoLogin (which disables the automatic login option when using FileVault).

If I had a completely separate config profile, also using com.apple.loginwindow, that enforces SleepDisabled (which disables the sleep buttton), will both of these values be enforced? Or does one profile override the other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

talkingmoose

So long as the two profiles for the same domain don't contain any conflicting keys, then both should apply just fine.

However, if both profiles were to include the SleepDisabled key with different values, Apple says the outcome will be "undefined".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

talkingmoose

So long as the two profiles for the same domain don't contain any conflicting keys, then both should apply just fine.

However, if both profiles were to include the SleepDisabled key with different values, Apple says the outcome will be "undefined".

Great! Yeah, no conflicting keys, I just wasn't sure if I could have the same domain in separate profiles or if I had to concatenate the keys into the same profile. Thanks for the clarification!