Metrics reporting tools for Casper, JSS, Jamf or as my VP calls it "JAM-F"

ChristopherGlov
New Contributor III

Hey Everyone, I was wondering if any of you have implemented some kind of reporting service into JSS like Tableu. SCCM has SSRS but I wanted take my mysql queries and make pretty tables and charts for the management since they don't like me giving them raw data.

Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

rrs
New Contributor II

I hope to piggy back of this post. I too am looking for more reporting from jamf pro. I'm especially keen on figuring out ways to find frequently used third party apps that users install.

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Bumping as an interested party as well. We're looking at getting the SCCM plugin to facilitate some of this, but I hadn't even considered Tableu, and I believe we use it in some other departments for other functions, so I may have access to a license already.

ChristopherGlov
New Contributor III

@Taylor.Armstrong if you try Tableu and are successful lemme know. I was thinking of bringing that to my company.

Asnyder
Contributor III

@beastie If you felt like hand coding something you could use python to query the db and then use the data to generate charts/graphs.

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There is already a feature request for it, vote it up!
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/3415/ability-for-casper-to-produce-management-friendly-graphs

scottlep
Contributor II

We are a MSP that manages 25+ JSSs. In my previous job we used Munki and MunkiReports. I have implemented MunkiReport along side of Jamf (https://github.com/munkireport/munkireport-php), rebranded it as JamfReport and given some of our sales people and end users access. Great reporting without all of the complex searches and Smart Groups, etc of Jamf. Highly customizable. It requires installing Munki but all I have Munki doing is running the preflight and postflight scripts to grab the data. Depending on where Jamf goes with patching I might soon be implementing Munki as a much easier way to keep 3rd party apps up to date.

~Scott