Migrate from Meraki SM to JAMF Pro

Matt_Ellis
Contributor II

I have about 300 machines i need to remove from Meraki SM and add them to Jamf Pro. I was looking at using a Quick add package with a preinstall script to remove the Meraki components. All my machines are on Catalina so after running the quick add the MDM profile has to be manually approved.

Then i had to manually go in and setup a management account on the JAMF side to get it managed. Even though i had a management account created and it did create the account via the Quick Add.

All these machines are in DEP, im not sure the best was to do this transition with minimal end user interaction. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

6 REPLIES 6

diegog
New Contributor

where you able to get this resolved?

user-YqUyZjkMQc
New Contributor

Hi I am looking for the very same information. Are there any instructions/steps or JAMF professional services that can complete this migration?

Matt_Ellis
Contributor II

@diegog Yes I did get this all done. I ended up having to create a quick add that I changed to run. a preinstall script to remove meraki before enrolling into JAMF. FYI this will not work for Big Sur. Let me know if you need more details.

user-jXpFVAbPRc
New Contributor

@digog I would be interested in this. I ran into a problem with not being able to remove the Meraki profiles.

diegog
New Contributor

@Matt.Ellis so how did you do it for the machines that are on big sur? most of the machines that im dealing with are on big sur. but the profile is unverified and im still unable to remove it.

Matt_Ellis
Contributor II

@diegog All of my machines were on Catalina, best idea i can think of is, build a package with a meraki removal script then have the users go to your JAMF enrollment page.