Notifications for when a new version of JAMF is available

JHerrin
New Contributor II

Does any one know of a way to get notifications when a new version of JAMF is available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AntMac
Contributor

Further to what mm2270 mentioned, a round about way I have found for on prem notifications is to set up a patch management title for JAMF Admin with email notification ticked. Means I get an email when a new version is available.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Occasionally Jamf sends out emails to customers when a new version is released, but mostly that's only when there was a known issue or vulnerability patched in the new version that Jamf wants customers to know about. If the release is more of a basic maintenance version then the best way to know about it would be to come here to the Jamf community forum and check under the Jamf Pro section, of which we're in.

For example, here is the release statement from Jamf on the last version, 10.33:

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/what-s-new-in-the-jamf-pro-10-33-release/td-p/249296

JHerrin
New Contributor II
Yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing for a while. Although recently JAMF
accidentally marked me as a JAMF cloud user. So I’ve been getting the
notifications of when upgrades are available and it has been really nice.--
James Herrin Jr (he/him)
*Digital Infrastructure*

*Need Help, submit a ticket with our new Service Catalog
or
call the Service Desk at (559) 278-5000*

AntMac
Contributor

Further to what mm2270 mentioned, a round about way I have found for on prem notifications is to set up a patch management title for JAMF Admin with email notification ticked. Means I get an email when a new version is available.  

JHerrin
New Contributor II

Haha, Genius, I love it! Thank you!