NYC Metro JAMF User Group - April 2015 Meeting

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey All,

Coming off last months surprise guest filled meeting, we are happy to announce the eighth bi-monthly-ish meeting of the NYC Metro JAMF User Group

Tuesday, April 7th, 2015
4:30 to 6:30 PM. at
Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, 6th Floor New York, NY, 10014

NYC JUG User Group Page

Casper admins of all skill levels and focus are invited. Refreshments will be served.

We are always looking for volunteers to tell their tales of Mac Management before the group, if you feel like stepping up, shoot me a message.

Otherwise, given all of the new announcements as of late, shiny new hardware, forked OS'es and awesome 3rd party tools, we will have plenty to talk about in open discussion.

Spread the word, and I Hope to see you all there!

--MM

5 REPLIES 5

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Just reminding folks we have a week left for signups. Hoping to see you there, and feel free to share this on other sites.

Thanks!,
--MM

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey all, Last day of signups before tomorrow's meeting. If you know someone that would like to attend, please have them sign up now so we know how much grub to have on hand.

Additionally, if you need to cancel, drop me a note so i can get an accurate count.

Thanks!
-MM

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey all,

Thanks to everyone that came out last night. Good to see some new faces.

I'm including the slides from last night that we used as our guides for the freeform discussion. Links to some of the items we talked about are below.

NYC JUG Slides

We are hoping to have another session in June, but if anything of note comes up in between now and then, we will see about getting together a meeting soon.

any questions, please reach out.

--MM

sadamson
New Contributor

Thanks all for a good evening and opportunity to meet you and share ideas and challenges. Appreciate ideas for the use of iBeacons for both controlling the use and location of laptops but also the thought of keeping track of cart inventory in the ~10 laptop carts around the school. Going to keep looking at this and hope to have something testing in the next week (and would be happy to share). Thanks again all.
Scott Adamson
Friends Seminary

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

@sadamson

Was great to meet you.

@RaulSantos Dropped me this link about mechanics behind the idea he had about blocking the screen out if your devices go outside their fence. Check it out.